Chapala.com Webboard

Etiquette norms. Social graces 

I continue to be amazed by men?(guys) who go out to a restaurant , with a nicely attired lady, and will sit down and leave a grubby cap on their heads whilst eating. Then as if to compound the situation many will have on a gross tee shirt.

I know this maybe a holiday resort area to some but ......do they go to bed wearing it?

40 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I continue to be amazed by men?(guys) who go out to a restaurant , with a nicely attired lady, and will sit down and leave a grubby cap on their heads whilst eating. Then as if to compound the situation many will have on a gross tee shirt.

I know this maybe a holiday resort area to some but ......do they go to bed wearing it?

Thank you!  We ladies go to the effort to dress up a Little and we have to beg our hubbies to change out of the shirt he has worn for the past three days.  We try to look nice for you so how about you trying the same for us.

Spending time on the PV Malecon enables us to observe a large number and a wide range of people.

Pappy has formed his opinions on the differences between the various males and females that make you tap your partner and say "check this one out."

The men seem to be just lazy, sloppy and could care less about even trying. "Who cares" seems to be screaming from them.

The women, on the other hand, seem to have spent time and money deciding that those yoga pants and a top that looks sprayed on somehow do not show all the, ahem, "inconsistencies" in their physique. They have all the makeup, shoes, jewelry, hair and tats but resemble what you used to have to pay 10 cents to see when the circus came to town.

Men are from Mars........

IMHO, women "of a certain age" (and we all should figure out when that has arrived) would do themselves a favor by having more coverage and less exposure of the wreckage.  Men, too.  "who cares" does come across, loud and clear.;)

Mainecoons - you do know that man is one of the most prolific public entertainment pedophiles in England, right?

If you are a man and you are not asking the woman you are accompanying out if what you are wearing is acceptable then you need to learn how to dress appropriately at all times.  Clean and pressed goes a long way to that goal.  If it isn't denim it should always have a crease - khakis especially can look rumpled.

A woman friend of mine said something the other day that may have a bearing on this.  "The ratio of single women to single men here is about 5 to 1".

I have no idea of the accuracy of that statement but if women think so, does it really matter?

3 hours ago, Jistme said:

That's a picture of Jimmy Saville, a well-known British pedophile and pervert, now deceased.

I'd take a good guy in a grubby shirt any day!

Yes. Which is more important. The clothes or the man.

There is nothing more attractive than a man who us well-groomed and well-dressed for each situation, be it casual or formal.  They exude confidence and that is sexy at any age.  Woof.

This is what happenened when my man tried to dress up. I told him to go back to his dirty tshirt and baseball cap. 

To be honest there are not many occasions/places in our village to bother dressing up. When you are sorrounded by dirt and garbage I don't want to bother looking nice when a bunch of layers of dust will pile up on it. 

IMG_8213.JPG

Lack of pride and lack of self esteem. They want to prove they can "do what they want" to the point where they make themselves look like $%&/()s.  They really stand out in other cultures reflecting badly on their own. 

Remember a couple of years ago when there was a guy in the US posting photos he's snapped of people in WalMart? He did that twice and then stopped--probably found it too depressing!!!

Archived