Chapala.com Webboard

Pre formed pie crusts

rvanparys

Is there a local or Guadalajara source for pre-formed pie crusts..? Have not found them at Costco or Wally World .. Pillsbury would be perfect... 

There are pre-formed pie crusts available in the freezer at Superlake. However, nobody can tell me if they're sweet or savory. I can handle a dessert pie made with a savory crust. I cannot handle a quiche, tortiere or chicken pot pie made with a sweet crust.

Anyone know for sure?

I have no idea, but we will have quiche today & I made the crust earlier this morning. It only takes a few minutes, with simple ingredients.  Why spend time, effort and money searching for an inferior product, when you can do better yourself?  It is even much simpler than making bread; more like the simplicity of making tortillas.

I've been up to my butt in alligators ever since buying this house. Lots of work and I've enjoyed most of it. At the present time, I'm painting my outside walls... then I'll do the interior of the house... and then and then. If you don't mind I'd like to cheat for a bit and have somebody else make my piecrusts. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OK, RVGRINGO, please share this recipe with us.  I'd LOVE to make pie crust that's simple and easy.  I always have to grin and bear it at Superlake and pay a ridiculous price.

Thanks, in advance, for your kindness and the sharing of your recipe.

Val Jones :)

2 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

This one is classic and very easy to make:  http://www.marthastewart.com/336991/easy-pie-crust

Do you remember which of the indicated (and pictured) brands you used when you lived in Mexico, RV?  Or did you have to substitute?

You have to be kidding!   No specific brands.  You can, and should, consider using lard in lieu of butter, but I have a feeling that you know that

2 hours ago, More Liana said:

Do you remember which of the indicated (and pictured) brands you used when you lived in Mexico, RV?  Or did you have to substitute?

......;)

Thanks for the recipe.  I'm doing "low carbs" for a while longer so crustless quiche is it for me but when I return to enjoying an occasional bit of flour, this sounds yummy and easy to make.

Valerie :)

Archived