Chapala.com Webboard

Santorini Water

I am trying to find out if Santorini bottled water contains flouride.  I found a site that lists those that are free of flouride but I was

told that these were only US companies.

Santorini is owned by CULTIBAB.MX  which also has license to distribute in Mexico the following :

Mexico-based holding company principally engaged, together with its subsidiaries, in the beverages industry. The Company has license from Pepsi-Co Inc to produce, distribute and sell mainly the Pepsi Cola, Manzanita Sol, Mirinda, Kas, Gatorade, Lipton, Be Light, Mountain Dew etc..

I can´t find a contact for them to ask or even if they would know.

Does anyone out there know?

On 5/6/2017 at 6:42 PM, LakeViews said:

"Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?"   From Dr. Strangelove 

Absolutely, that's why I want to know.

I assume you have looked on the label? I believe they have to list it there if it is added. I was surprised to see the pink Himalayan sea salt that they sell at Costco lists flouride added on the label.

And for those of you who just had to make a comment denigrating the OP's desire not to consume flouride, I happen to have done a ton of research on it many years ago in Canada. No such thing as a safe level. Folks who are concerned about what is added to their food and water have always been portrayed as some kind of nut cases, makes it easy to dismiss the concerns without addressing them.

I just Googled it, because i am also interested. Found this webpage: https://www.am.com.mx/lagosdemoreno/local/tiene-agua-potable-alto-grado-de-fluor-178589.html

It is from 2015- says Santorini contains the most, Bonafont less, Ciel the least. My Spanish is not up to good reading par, but from what I understood, it is not that they add it, it is that their water sources are already high in flouride, so it is a matter of the various companies having the kind of filters that will remove it. Anyone who is a fluent Spanish reader is welcome to correct me.

Personal attacks close threads, thus this thread will now likely be closed, yielding no help to the OP.   Name calling is far from critical thinking and is not likely to lead to positive change.  But one would think that a critical thinker would figure that much out on their own...

Thanks, Analise, for posting this...  I did not know the water contained fluoride, as I was a Bonafont customer & when I asked, I was specifically told the water was NOT fluoridated... which probably meant they are not adding to it.

Either way, I have suffered fluoride poisoning for about 20 years.  I have "the worst case of fluoridosis I've ever seen outside a textbook" according to my Uruguay dentist.  I have nodules growing on one finger & a host of bone & skeletal issues.

Anybody who pooh-poohs what fluoride can do to you or jokes about one's interest in avoiding it should get to experience it & see how they like it.

But I would not WISH it upon anyone.

The OP and I simply wish to diminish our exposure as much as possible.  People asking an honest question deserve an honest answer.  Especially when they are new & not stepping on anyone's toes.

On 5/8/2017 at 4:31 PM, mudgirl said:

I assume you have looked on the label? I believe they have to list it there if it is added. I was surprised to see the pink Himalayan sea salt that they sell at Costco lists flouride added on the label.

And for those of you who just had to make a comment denigrating the OP's desire not to consume flouride, I happen to have done a ton of research on it many years ago in Canada. No such thing as a safe level. Folks who are concerned about what is added to their food and water have always been portrayed as some kind of nut cases, makes it easy to dismiss the concerns without addressing them.

The label says it contains sodium.  That's not enough information.  In water sodium has a 1+ charge and has to be coupled with an atom with 1- charge.  So we have sodium chloride, sodium bromide, etc and SODIUM FLUORIDE.  Because they choose not to give a complete answer, it's possible the water contains fluoride.

On 5/8/2017 at 4:31 PM, mudgirl said:

fluoride.

Archived