Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon.com

cedros

Many of us have had problems with items never being delivered but never a problem getting Amazon to credit it back. So yes it is very safe. You receive or you don't pay.

Interesting. I meant would it arrive or might it be stolen. It is a part for a salt water pool system worth about $355 US. Not something most thieves could use but they could try to sell it. How do you prove to Amazon that it never arrived? It is a sort of PVC tube about 14 inches long and 4 inches in diameter. Would there be duty to pay on it? Sorry for the dumb questions but I've only ever had things shipped to the US or Canada. It is no longer available in Mexico and isn't available on Amazon.com.mx

I have had números things shipped from Amazon US and had no problems. I always have them ship to Sol y Luna directly to Ajijic(NOT their Laredo address)at Bugumvila Plaza as we have an account there. Anyone can have packages drop shipped there even if they don't have an account. I think they charge about 40 pesos. Have my packages dropped there as the drivers know where it is and there is always someone there to accept it. Also, Amazon gives you a tracking number so it is easy to follow your package. 

As noted there is a tracking number and if not delivered we have had excellent service with Amazon and a quick refund. Amazon Mexico is adding more items daily but compare the costs with amazon.com as it varies as to which Amazon has best price after considering any shipping fee that may be included. Another option as per my web site: Ross MacDonald provides delivery of medications, parcels, health supplements, etc from Texas to San Miguel, Queretaro, Oaxaca and Chapala at a cost less than most. Fee is based solely on weight and not value. web site:  extendinglivesmexico.com  email:  extendinglives@gmail.com

I have had dozens of items shipped to my home address by Amazon and never had one not arrive. However, there is someone who can sign for the item 24 hours a day where we live. If you can't be certain that there will be someone to sign, then Sol y Luna might be your best bet for delivery. And, yes, in most cases there will be IVA and shipping calculated and charged by Amazon at time of purchase. If they overestimate on the IVA, which they often do by a dollar or two, you will eventually receive a refund credited to your account for that overage. And the post about liquids above is absolutely true.

9 minutes ago, conejorapido said:

I have had dozens of items shipped to my home address by Amazon and never had one not arrive. However, there is someone who can sign for the item 24 hours a day where we live. If you can't be certain that there will be someone to sign, then Sol y Luna might be your best bet for delivery. And, yes, in most cases there will be IVA and shipping calculated and charged by Amazon at time of purchase. If they overestimate on the IVA, which they often do by a dollar or two, you will eventually receive a refund credited to your account for that overage. And the post about liquids above is absolutely true.

What carrier is Amazon using these days? At one point they were handing off to Mexpost and that was a problem.

I will find out soon (I hope) what carrier they are using as I placed an order today. Their confirmation  said it would arrive in 2 weeks. Hmm. I'm new at this. I just assumed it would come via courier. I didn't see anywhere you could ask how it would be sent.

We have been using Amazon.com for deliveries lakeside and to the State of Sonora for over 10 years. When your order is shipped (for us, all have been DHL), sign up with the carrier for email updates. You can be alerted when your item arrives in GDL, clears customs, has an exception, is with the carrier for delivery, etc.  We have had a memory foam king size mattress delivered and Samsung Tablets. We  have never had any problems with them.

I ordered my item Monday but they still haven't shipped it so I can't track it. There doesn't seem to be any place on the Amazon site to ask questions as to what is happening.

When you go into "My Orders" do you see the item you ordered? If so there should be a status on that same page, like "shipping soon", "expect to ship on xxxx", "delayed", etc. If you don't see the item then they didn't actually get your order. 

Check it out and see what's there.

I did talk to someone at Amazon and they said be patient it will be on it's way soon-via Sunbird. I'm guessing that is an airline.They were very helpful. I thought it might be a problem with my Mastercard. I spent almost an hour on the phone with the latter and could not talk to a real person-enough to drive you to drink.

I also have had things shipped directly to my house, they have been using DHL lately. I am very happy with this service, everything has arrived timely, some earlier than stated, and all in good order. One must sign for the delivery, no problem. Again, I have been very happy with them.

Archived