Chapala.com Webboard

Riberas Internet

Hola!  

Just rented a home in Riberas and will be moving from Oregon next month...super excited to start our new life in Mexico!

We've heard Internet can be sketchy in Riberas and that it can vary by street.  We were told by the management company that Telecable was at the house but not Telmex.  Does anyone have any experiences with Internet on San Luis off San Mateo?  Any options you can recommend?

Muchas gracias in advance!

Sam

I'm on San Mateo just off San Luis. My internet is now fine but I don't have Telmex to thank for that. The wires in a connection box were corroded and (after seven months) I had a person go up the pole and strip the bad part of the wires and reconnect them. Everything is now ticketyboo on 599 peso package... 10 Mbps down and 1 up... steady as a rock. My neighbour had the same problem and used the same guy with success as well.

Is there a telephone line in the house you rented? If there isn't then you may have a problem getting one.

I live on San Luis, just west of San Mateo, and have TelMex.  For 6.5 years.  Phone and internet.  I can't speak to the speed because I don't use internet for anything fancy.  I think you will find just as many who recommend TelMex as recommend Telecable.  But the poster is correct re the difficulty of getting a TelMex line.  Just a month ago a neighbour, directly behind 7-11, sold his TelMex line.  Too bad you didn't know about it.

Hope I get to meet you when you arrive.  I love Riberas!

I have Telmex and I love it; however, when something goes wrong, it is a drama to fix.  Unless you go to the Telmex office & speak with Rosie Rodriguez.  She's awesome & will fix everything for you toot-sweet.

I even got a 50% discount on my bill for the 2 weeks my internet/phone was out of service.

Sweet!

:D

Archived