Chapala.com Webboard

2 hours ago, betty7 said:

good advertisment for vista del lago/raquet club. most folks like a good night & peace of mind.  

Trust me, some place in those "desirable" Fraccs is your friendly, all caring ,for our 4 legs friends, neighbour with a barking dog(s). No its is not the dogs,but the untrained owner that need "fixing"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/7/2017 at 11:08 AM, zerbit said:

Lol. Won't get political here. But your comment is pretty amusing given the direction a certain government is taking. I'd think you'd embrace that new direction  in your southern home. 

LMAO!

On 5/7/2017 at 11:05 AM, ned small said:

I ,for one, am happy about no longer living in the nanny state of Canada. Every system has it's flaws anyhow and so far the flaws here are not grating on me. Just one of the things I like are that some laws here are treated at all levels as mere suggestions and rightly so. I am also quite pleased with what this local government is accomplishing with the resources that they have. From a lot of what is written in this thread and other similar ones lately,I am a part of a minority of foreigners in this regard. It's interesting that no Mexicans contribute with any regularity on this board.I wonder why.

I have Mexican friends who use this board but do not participate.  They find it offensive.  But they sift thru the _____ for the nugget of good information.  Contribute?  No way!

I asked one, "Why not put your 2 pesos' worth in?"  She said the rest of the people on this board were "too mean."

48 minutes ago, Jabonera said:

I have Mexican friends who use this board but do not participate.  They find it offensive.  But they sift thru the _____ for the nugget of good information.  Contribute?  No way!

I asked one, "Why not put your 2 pesos' worth in?"  She said the rest of the people on this board were "too mean."

Well I'll apologize for that, we do our darndest to try and control the handful of people here whose intolerance for opinions different than their own manifests itself in attack dog behavior.  If it is any consolation there are much worse local boards than this one.  That's not an excuse, just an observation.

We have recruited a new moderator to help out.  Those of you who just can't contain your personal rancor towards me or think you have a legitimate gripe about my posts are welcome to take your complaints to Moderator 5 from here on out.  I will abide by his judgment and I expect you to do the same.

You are not welcome to post your attacks or debate how you think the board should be moderated on the open board.  The correct procedure and only procedure allowed going forward will be to contact another Moderator.  Note that Mods 3 and 4 are inactive and there is no Mod 1.  That leaves either me or Mod 5.  If that doesn't work for you, you are welcome to leave.

There will be zero tolerance for posts telling us how to run the board and any and all sniping at each other and me.  There are two folks cooling their heels in time out over this behavior after repeated requests and warnings and there is room for plenty more.  In the future, I'm not going to ask more than once or twice at the most. 

We will make this board safe for everyone if we have to get rid of some folks to do it.  In fact, I can count the seriously intolerant and personally unpleasant here on the fingers of two hands.  This won't take a lot of work.

Thanks for that, Mod. 

I participate in only 3 other forums, mainly one based in Europe which has members all over the world.  I have never been on a forum with so many unhappy people.  They must be miserable inside themselves to lash out like that, poor things.

Happiness is a CHOICE in life, not a condition.  I have chronic spinal pain, but I don't let it spoil my attitude toward life or my attitude toward others.  I simply choose to focus on the positive things.

Instead of bitching at folks, take a different approach.  Most adults are capable of this cognitive exercise.  Most people will rise to your higher expectations.

75% of what I read on here is negative, at least.  But I wade through it to get the occasional nugget.  Ana is the same.  So is Maria.  But they'd rather lurk without participating than expose themselves as a target for someone with a hair up their ___.

If it gets much worse, I'm always free to just not come here...  :D

Archived