Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find breakfast sausage

kgreenbury

8 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Johnsonville has been gone for a long time and no indication it will ever return. No explanation why.

The Tuesday market has them.  Two guys there that make great breakfast sausage, italian sausage, pate and more.  On the aisle at the east side.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

The Tuesday market has them.  Two guys there that make great breakfast sausage, italian sausage, pate and more.  On the aisle at the east side.

I'm a little confused:  are you saying Tuesday maket has Johnsonvile, or that they have sausages?  Yes, on the latter, and they are good ones!  Samples of all varieties are out to taste.  Good idea to do so, since some are quite spicy.

1 hour ago, gringal said:

I'm a little confused:  are you saying Tuesday maket has Johnsonvile, or that they have sausages?  Yes, on the latter, and they are good ones!  Samples of all varieties are out to taste.  Good idea to do so, since some are quite spicy.

I was saying Tues.. Market has home made sausages not Johnsonville

SuperLake has Jimmy Dean's for about $210p I have a couple recipes for fake JD's and they are utter failures. Might as well get the real thing. A lot cheaper than driving up to Texas to buy it!

No breakfast sausage today at PV Costco. Maybe next time. I did find the rolls for the 1/4 pound dogs. Wonder, 12 rolls, $36, in the bread section but not next to the regular hot dog buns. Whatever made me think they would be side by side.

Hmm..... perhaps that's where they are in Costco. I looked in the meat case and the cheese and meat section but not in the frozen section.

Good excuse for a return trip.

No idea what brand, but Puritan Poultry in Riberas now has sausages in the freezer at the front.  I was told that a Mexican man who used to live in Germany makes them.  They are packaged by Puritan.  Kinds? Turkey, Italian, breakfast and brats.  They have been available there for about a month.  If anyone has tried them, please let us know what you think.

And have you checked out the custom VWs for sale in the same building?  Neat!

• 4 months later...

I know I am replying to an old post, but El Torito has some Johnsonville brands and a couple other sausages (and of course, Chorizo) that might warrant looking. I was looking for Salami and picked up a pack of pre-sliced Cappola brand. I do not like it as well as the Johnsonville Ahumada Salami in the case in front of the meat counter at Walmart but thought I should share.

I need to find a medium quality sausage machine and good casings. 

Archived