Chapala.com Webboard

Walmart: exciting happenings

It was what I would call a fire drill.  I should have known something was up as someone was rolling out a sign for Puesto de Socorro just as I arrived.  That'll teach me to get there before 10 a.m.  They told me this is done more than once a year but it's the first time I have experienced it.

There was a major earthquake drill in Jalisco, to conmemorate 31st aniversary of the creation of the Civil protection system, we did the same at 10:00 am this morning at my job, don't worry, it was planned and is part of an overall drill organized by the government of Jalisco .

We went through one last year, they took us out a side door on the San Antonio side and then minutes later they let us all back in.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:12 PM, tomgates said:

What I would call exciting would be the return of Johnsonville brats.

I would be really excited if they would bring back the Italian sausage!! 

On 5/4/2017 at 7:12 PM, tomgates said:

What I would call exciting would be the return of Johnsonville brats.

Oh, man!  You KILL me!

The only reason I go to Walmart is for olive oil & Johnsonville brats.  Haven't seen them since last October/November?  Have you talked to anyone?  Will they be returning?

Hmmm...  Apparently, there are a number of us.  Can we not do up a lil ole petition and see what the manager of meats says?  We could chip in on a couple cases, I'm sure, eh?

6 minutes ago, Jabonera said:

Oh, man!  You KILL me!

The only reason I go to Walmart is for olive oil & Johnsonville brats.  Haven't seen them since last October/November?  Have you talked to anyone?  Will they be returning?

Have you looked at the ingredients in Johsonville brats?  You'll need a magnifying glass, and it might be a bit disillusioning.:ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Why would one expect healthy ingredients in an unhealthy product? Sausage.

Sausage in not inherently unhealthy.  Fatty and salty; not good for those on restricted diets, but not verboten for the rest of us eating it occasionally.  It's the crap they put in some of it; Johnsonville, for one.

Costco and all of the WM's here in PV have the Johnsonville hot dogs, not brats, but nobody has their sausages. Nobody knows nothing.

I used to be kinda hit-and-miss on reading ingredient labels until I brought home a package of Reser's Chorizo. The first two ingredients were salivary glands and lymph nodes. It just didn't sound that good but it didn't go to waste, my glottonous dog thought that it sounded just great! That was in the good ol' US of A where you'd think that the PR people would've dressed things up a little. It was probably about the same time that pink slime and the rumor of faux calamari came around, too. Nothing like sausage and sushi for getting rid of those difficult-to-sell bits.

I still eat sausage but prefer that the glands, nodes, snouts, rectums, tumors, etc. simply be called "pork" or "beef".

On 5/6/2017 at 4:38 PM, gringal said:

Have you looked at the ingredients in Johsonville brats?  You'll need a magnifying glass, and it might be a bit disillusioning.:ph34r:

You are confusing the uncooked brats[Italian sausage] with the other Johnsonville products  but so what as all sausages have a ton of ingredients in them and i'm sure you probably ate lots before you had this thing about them and are still alive to complain about it. You appear to be on a mission re: this companies products as you have said the same thing many times.

Archived