Chapala.com Webboard

House Rain Gutters

The rain gutters here are usaly made of folded metal or of a half of a 6"PVC pipe with PVC down spout. My were done bt Juan Gutierrez contractor who also handled the install.Tel-045-333-727-0071  We arre very happy with the results for several years now.

44 minutes ago, dencol said:

Lake Chapala Painting Service.

331-741-5501

This company has an ad on page 33 of the April edition of El Ojo del Lago.

They have 15 years experience... interior and exterior painting...maintenance and construction of rain gutters and downspouts...roof cleaning and waterproofing.

1 minute ago, rvanparys said:

Has anyone seen aluminum seamless gutters that have been a staple NOB for over 40 years??? Maybe in Guadalajara?

I would like to know the answer to this also. The equipment is the big start up cost and I don't even know if the rolls of aluminum to make them are even available here. It would be a helluva business venture for someone.

What I was referring to is a mobile gutter forming machine that they bring to your home, form the gutter with the machine and cut it to your exact length.... no seams just end caps....

18 hours ago, rvanparys said:

What I was referring to is a mobile gutter forming machine that they bring to your home, form the gutter with the machine and cut it to your exact length.... no seams just end caps....

For decades I worked in professional kitchens in resorts in Hawaii and Las Vegas. Once a month a professional knife sharpening van would come to the property and sharpen all your knives to your exact specs or based on their design, usage and the material they were made of ,specific steel type and hardness. 

Here the same service is provided: a guy with a coarse grinding wheel on a rusty bike frame will come to your home. And destroy them. 

I can only imagine the local version of the custom gutter truck here. LOL. 

Eaves trough the size of NOB guttering would not likely be adequate here with the storms we usually get during the rainy season. The ones I have seen all seem to be at least 6" and require a backstop to prevent the rain water overflowing the gutters. The best ones I have seen have been made of 6" PVC drain pipe cut to provide the gutter and backstop in one. ie. not in half but about 25/75.

I've never seen any aluminum gutters big enough to handle the downpours here.

I don't know just what the record might be but I've seen Colon around Diane Pearls place where the water was axle deep.  That is some serious rain

Coming from the Pacific NW where we have two seasons: wet and deluge, gutters and downspout size can be tailored to the need.  Start up costs would be between 7-10 grand USD and then there is the question of being able to find a rolled aluminum supplier... Maybe this is a bridge too far for Lakeside...

57 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

Coming from the Pacific NW where we have two seasons: wet and deluge, gutters and downspout size can be tailored to the need.  Start up costs would be between 7-10 grand USD and then there is the question of being able to find a rolled aluminum supplier... Maybe this is a bridge too far for Lakeside...

This cracked me up. Anyway, I went googling and found this for anyone whose interest may have been perked. It's a good read anyway. Really excellent return on investment quite quickly apparently. And there's a machine made in Hermosillo for the American market... surely they would know about sourcing the rolled aluminum aspect of the problem. Scroll down to read the "Man and Gutter Machine" article.

https://www.guttersupply.com/p-machines.gstml

"In order to better compete on price, the company expanded to Mexico in September 2004.  New Tech’s Hermosillo plant is being operated in the same manner as the Denver plant, and every Mach II gutter machine produced in Mexico is delivered to Denver for rigorous testing and quality checks."

1. Geezer,  Juan is doing a remodel for us in Chapala and we are SOOOO pleased with his work and work ethic!  I told him you had recommended him about the gutters but he couldn't recall your name but he was pleased and flattered by your post.

Archived