Chapala.com Webboard

18 minutes ago, hopeful Mex said:

Is this considered a pre-existing condition that prevents you from enrolling in IMSS or is it something that you simply would not be covered for (anything heart related)?

Just guessing, but I understand that there is a waiting period for coverage of pre-existing conditions.  You need to check with an IMSS rep.  They come to the LCS back office area every Monday until 1 pm.

Seguro Popular will cover everything, so you might want to check with them.  There is an office in Chapala.  I'd advise taking a Spanish speaker with you.

There are 6 month, 12, 18, 24, 30 and 36 month waiting periods for some pre-existing medical conditions and exclusión to enrol for other pre-existing medical conditions. Exclusión to enrol include: Advanced diabetes, advanced COPD, HIV positive, mental illness, advanced liver disease, kidney failure [or advanced kidney disease] , drug or alcohol addiction, advanced heart disease, hepatitis c, and more I can´t remember.

Seguro Popular has no waiting period or exclusions to enrol for pre-existing medical conditions and for patients and their families only about 2% pay  an anual fee, the rest pay nothing. The ones paying a fee get a 1 year contract.; the families paying no fee get a 3 year contract.

My Mom was turned down FLAT for BP after four years on IMSS; at the time, there was a very crotchety, spiteful woman who had taken over the Chapala IMSS. I was turned down as well: same thing, under control blood pressure. She eventually got lateralled to Jocotepec; after that, I don't know.

Archived