Chapala.com Webboard

Pollo Feliz for Carry-out

Bisbee Gal

It's consistently good, not exceptional.  Easy for me to get to on foot (no crossing of the carretera necessary).  

Their guacamole is pretty good (I'd prefer chunkier, but it's always fresh tasting); love the nopal salad (not icky gummy like some we've had).   They have papas fritas (have never tried) and also a goopy cheezy potato side (tried it but too heavy for us).  I think they have rice, too, but we don't do many carbs.  Chicken purchase includes tortillas, salsa and chips.  A few nice 'n hot jalapenos from the grill, too.  

We also like Dusty Chicken (for the smokiest chicken) and El Pechugon (for the plumpest chicken when I'm breaking it down to make enchiladas or soup).  Pollo Feliz is almost a combination of the two....decent grill flavor (they use real charcoal) and the 3 birds we've had have been tender though not huge.  

Service is mixed. I have noticed this at other Mexican take-away joints, too: If the restaurant is jammed, the service is usually fast.  If you're the only person at the counter, it can be slow.  Go figure.  

Pricing: whole chicken (eight pieces), side of guac, side of ensalada nopal = 170 pesos.   

Archived