Chapala.com Webboard

Yard Waste Disposal

I am looking for someone to pick-up / dispose of yard waste about once per month from my home in W Ajijic. Nothing too heavy ... just grass and leaves. My gardener used to do this but his truck died and he does not plan to replace it. 

If you know of someone who could do this, please send me their contact info.

Thanks

Thanks for the referral. I will give Beto a call.

I do not believe there is regular yard waste pickup outside of Ajijic. I understand that the municipality is not collecting green waste at the moment due to a lack of working trucks. They are giving priority to garbage on the trucks. So I guess we can look forward to taller grass and more private bonfires.

Well, they aren't picking up the trash in Ajijic either.  The last pick up at our house was Tuesday a week ago.  Trash is piling up all over this area.  It's a helluva nice mess and health hazard.

I'll bet you they're still picking up the trash in Chapala, however.  Probably the usual 6 times per week.

I'd love it if someone organized us all taking our garbage bags and piling them in front of city hall.  Bet they'd get picked up then. :D

On 4/30/2017 at 10:31 AM, colormeblue said:

I am looking for someone to pick-up / dispose of yard waste about once per month from my home in W Ajijic. Nothing too heavy ... just grass and leaves. My gardener used to do this but his truck died and he does not plan to replace it. 

If you know of someone who could do this, please send me their contact info.

Thanks

It is going to cost you at least  $100MN  so just catch the regular truck and offer them the $100 to do their job every few weeks.

That is really strange.  Here on the corner of Constitution & Encarnacion Rosas we get regular pick-up six days a week. Normally between 8:30 & 9am. You are only a few blocks away.  I have often seen him going along 16 Septembre so maybe for some reason he skips blocks along the way. It's been awhile since I've really paid attention. Yard waste is on Thursdays, the odd time they have missed if the truck is broken but its pretty consistent. 

Archived