Chapala.com Webboard

Phone Number for ambulance

gwynne

Apparently the new hospital in Jocotepec has it's own ambulance.  They won't accept patients arriving in any other ambulance.....you have to call THEIRS.  Cruz Roja won't go to the new hospital.....only the old one.

The number for the ambulance is written on the side of the vehicle.  Does anyone know what it is?

It might be worth a trip to Joco in the daytime to take down the number in case of emergency.

14 hours ago, gwynne said:

Apparently the new hospital in Jocotepec has it's own ambulance.  They won't accept patients arriving in any other ambulance.....you have to call THEIRS.  Cruz Roja won't go to the new hospital.....only the old one.

The number for the ambulance is written on the side of the vehicle.  Does anyone know what it is?

It might be worth a trip to Joco in the daytime to take down the number in case of emergency.

Please share the number for those of us on SP

1 minute ago, barcelonaman said:

Jalisco now has 911 emergency number.

In a previous post  a couple of months ago was stated that joco hospital accepts all ambulances.

I read on another forum that a woman was burgled and since she didn't speak Spanish, the 911 as well as the local police number hung up on her when she called.

Anyone have the facts on the ambulance situation and the number to call?

The ambulances are very specific on where they will take you..Red Cross and or Green Cross will not take you to the SP hospital in Jocotepec.  I highly suggest you write the number on their ambulance down..I just went thru this and it was not fun...along with the fact that  in  an emergency situation the wait was 3-7 hours....triage..have they heard of triage....

Hopefully you do not need it but if you have SP I suggest highly learn spanish and do not have a major ER..sad but true. 

So, does anyone have the phone number for the SP Jocotopec ambulance service?  Everyone keeps saying it's on the side of the ambulance, but it would be nice to know in case I have an emergency before I happen to see one of their ambulances driving by!  

Archived