Chapala.com Webboard

Are your emails getting through to me?

A member of this board just informed me that her emails to me have not been answered lately; I checked and I have not received them, so I will be digging a little deeper with my IP to find out why. She suggested brilliantly that I should ask if anyone else here has tried to email and not had an answer.    Cheers... Mike (This would be my mike at ajijic computing address.)

On 4/29/2017 at 0:24 PM, ComputerGuy said:

A member of this board just informed me that her emails to me have not been answered lately; I checked and I have not received them, so I will be digging a little deeper with my IP to find out why. She suggested brilliantly that I should ask if anyone else here has tried to email and not had an answer.    Cheers... Mike (This would be my mike at ajijic computing address.)

CG, check you web host to see if messages are getting stuck in their spam filter. Happened to a friend down here who found his web host had hundreds of messages for him stuck in their spam filter.

I occasionally find out that an email sent to me (most recent yahoo to yahoo) never showed up in my inbox although the sender swears he/she sent it. If I do a search I find it but I have no idea why it never made it to my inbox in the first place.  It would be lost forever if the sender hadn't brought up my failure tov respond and my protestations that  I never saw it.  I wonder how often this happens and if its just a Yahoo glitch.  It's not very practical to constantly be searching just in case someone wrote and it went into this never never land of of orphaned  emails just hoping their inte nded receiver realize something is missing and do a seabch for them and get the whole story.

Lm

I manage my own email servers, through a Service Provider, so it is safe to say I know about spam boxes and filters, etc. But many people never think to check their Spam box when emails go astray.

Thank you all again for emailing me; problem now appears to have been solved.

Archived