Chapala.com Webboard

Hola,

I did a search for couldn't find the info.

What documents are needed to enroll in Sequro Popular and are there certain days when you can only enroll in the Ajijic or Chapala office.

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.

we got ours in one morning about 30 minutes,,,,but hired a mexican guy $150 pesos per hour to speak for us as our spanish is limited.  Took Passport, perm. visa, proof of residence CFE bill and thats about it.  Paid nothing except to the guy. If you want his email I can send..  He helps gringos with things like this.

34 minutes ago, sputnik said:

we got ours in one morning about 30 minutes,,,,but hired a mexican guy $150 pesos per hour to speak for us as our spanish is limited.  Took Passport, perm. visa, proof of residence CFE bill and thats about it.  Paid nothing except to the guy. If you want his email I can send..  He helps gringos with things like this.

We got ours a few weeks ago with the help of Luzma Grande at Ajijic Rentals near Gossips on the Carreterra.  She drove us there, took care of all the paperwork and we're signed up for three years. Drove us back to our car in Ajijic.  Total cost $300 pesos.  Nice lady to deal with and does many kinds of "facilitating".

Not sure if applies in other states but starting about 5 weeks ago their question / point system differentiates between a citizen and one who is a Temporary or Permanent Resident. If a citizen and a TR or PR answered all the questions the same, except for residency, as noted here in GTO state, the visa holder will be at a higher DECIL (level), usually pay and have to renew annually when their is a fee. Typically, single, visa holders who rent and are retired are paying 1100 pesos for the year. The highest so far is 2900 pesos.  

Also as one gets older it works in your favor generating a lower DECIL.

Also, in GTO state if no birth certificate even though one has a CURP, only 3 months coverage unless birth certificate is provided during the 3 months.

I sign up 2 to 4 people a week including citizens and have seen the differences personally and confirmed with SP staff. 

And yes I know it is a federal program BUT funds are sent to the state level allowing differences. 

saludos

Sonia

Archived