Chapala.com Webboard

What can be done about standing water next door

cedros

Crawling over someone's wall at night would be a good way to get yourself shot. The Ajijic police at the delegado office advised me to do just that if anyone breached our wall.

9 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Crawling over someone's wall at night would be a good way to get yourself shot. The Ajijic police at the delegado office advised me to do just that if anyone breached our wall.

Our OP is getting some mighty dangerous or foolish suggestions.  It's illegal to trespass. Flying objects hurtled over wall are cause for complaint by the neighbor.  Isn't that enough?  I hope he'll be sensible and take the long but legal route to take care of his problem.  Meanwhile, there is a product called "Fly Out" which is available at Soriana and is very effective when sprayed on your exposed skin.  Wishing you the best with your neighbor from hades.

I would think that the neighbor does not want to get dengue either , maybe if someone who speaks good Spanish cold speak with him it would smooth things out.. It sounds like the relationship started on the wrong foot but maybe it can be fixed..that would be the easiest way to solve the problem.. I agree trespassing is not the way to go..

I was thinking the same thing BMH, something got seriously off track here. You are offering him free dunks which keep his area and your area mosquito free. Now there are many Mexicans who get unhinged when they think a gringo is telling them what to do, but Cedros seems to be stable gentleman with a very nice personality, so this wouldn't be a case of machismo. It's too bad there are not more Mexicans on this forum who could tell you how to go about healing this cultural divide. Maybe a nice shrub or bush for his garden, accompanied by a Spanish speaker - everybody likes gifts.

1 hour ago, bmh said:

I would think that the neighbor does not want to get dengue either , maybe if someone who speaks good Spanish cold speak with him it would smooth things out.. It sounds like the relationship started on the wrong foot but maybe it can be fixed..that would be the easiest way to solve the problem.. I agree trespassing is not the way to go..

Done that several times.

Archived