Chapala.com Webboard

This all fine and dandy in Mexico, but if you look at drones vs humans series, most of the confrontations in the U.S.A. and Canada involve the idea of a stranger, usually a younger male, photographing or droning their children at play - especially in swimming pools, fountains and waterparks. In Vancouver, if you are photographing children in school playgrounds or public swimming pools, the police will be called, and they will talk to you, and your name will be recorded somewhere. Maybe more creepiness up north, causing overprotective parents. Or maybe more genuine creeps, selling this stuff over the internet etc.

In Mexico, especially in the backwater villages, there is a fear that Gringos or Mexicans are stealing children for organ transplants for rich people. I know, strange, but true. The next thing is a lynch mob, and there have been many deaths.

I am really glad to know about this water park as we are having young children visit this summer.  However, I have to admit that my first thought was whether or not filming people and putting it on the internet was a good idea or even legal.  Like Chillin says, this is Mexico and maybe there are not laws about this.  The thing is a lot of parents are very careful to keep pictures of their children off the internet.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

I am really glad to know about this water park as we are having young children visit this summer.  However, I have to admit that my first thought was whether or not filming people and putting it on the internet was a good idea or even legal.  Like Chillin says, this is Mexico and maybe there are not laws about this.  The thing is a lot of parents are very careful to keep pictures of their children off the internet.

It's a promotional video for the water park.  How is it any different than one for Disney's Blizzard Beach Waterpark?   

My name and information is very easy to get. It is right in my youtube channel (that I linked to). If I am approached, (and have been) I am alway courteous and give my business card (when I'm not flying). FYI, I believe it was in the 1970's that the U.S. government affirmed that if you are outside of your house, you have no expectation of privacy. Sue, thanks for the common sense(it's different because mine is better... JK :P). I hope you all enjoy my work! Now go enjoy the great weather...

I just went there last week. My wife, 6 month old son and 9 year old daughter went before school started again. It's a very, very nice park. I think there might have been 800 people or so on the day we went but the park can hold about 3000 people easy. All of the pools are open not just a few at a time like here in Ajijic. The place have BBQ pits, tables chairs all over.... in the sun or shade whatever you need. We got there at about 10AM swam had fun and at about 1PM a crew (line up) of workers walked across the park with bags picking trash up after people. They went one end to the other doing this. Also a lifeguard is never more than about 20 foot away from you being any place in the park. Don't expect this to be a place that you can let your children run and not have to watch them. The L.G. will walk around and ask where is your child or as the child where is you parent or guardian. No boom boxes allowed! So you will not need to deal with 100's of radios playing 50 types of annoying music! All in all this is a very nice place for a family outing. Yes they have food on site and also sell beer. 21 pesos per can of corona light. (less than local bars)

Go and enjoy.  Don't be so paranoid of a video we are not living in LA. Detroit, Chicago, Miami or New York! This is Mexico and not everyone wants to take your child or is a molester. In truth I'm more concerned about the Gringos buying and sell marijuana oils at the Ajijic Plaza! You can see (and smell) these people smoking the crap in there E-cigarette pipes. I would be more concerned about the local cartel having issue with Gringos moving in their territory and doing something about that than someone kidnapping my child for body parts.    Just use common sense. 

4 hours ago, Chapala Drone said:

My name and information is very easy to get. It is right in my youtube channel (that I linked to). If I am approached, (and have been) I am alway courteous and give my business card (when I'm not flying). FYI, I believe it was in the 1970's that the U.S. government affirmed that if you are outside of your house, you have no expectation of privacy. Sue, thanks for the common sense(it's different because mine is better... JK :P). I hope you all enjoy my work! Now go enjoy the great weather...

I think your video is excellent, Chapala Drone.  I was commenting on Wookie's paranoia about drones and videos being used at places where children play.  If it's a public area, Wookie, you should have no expectation of privacy.  

I might even try that waterpark someday......looks like a lot of fun!

Archived