Chapala.com Webboard

Pizza Disco

ComputerGuy

When I did the dreaded "take out" on Wed. there was a young gal there by herself and I was the only customer.  Heck, I thought pizza was the ultimate take out food.  Anyway, she wamped that thing up in record time so I guess I should have figured it would be undercooked.  Anyway, it's a real cute place and has a nice outdoor seating area.  As Computer Guy says, there are other offerings.  Not saying don't go, but I won't order take out even if they do deliver to Riberas!???

There are usually the girl, who is wait staff, and the cook, a young guy. Maybe she had to make the pizza herself; that's no excuse. Yes, pizza would be the ultimate take out food, except here everything is different. But again, your whole experience was pretty lousy.

Thanks Mike! Heidi and I just got home from Pizza Disco and we "friggin" loved it. A small pet peeve we have with a lot of restaurants is a warm beverage served with a glass of ice. In a matter of minutes, your drink is diluted and tastes like crap. Here, the drink was served cold with a glass of ice...much better. Just for the heck of it, we ordered our pizza with the Alfredo Sauce and thought it was great.  Next time, tomato so we can see which we prefer. As you said,  the pizza came out HOT. The toppings were generous and good. I even thought the crust itself had a great flavor. Thanks for the reccomendation! 

• 4 weeks later...

Phoned in a take-away order; she said 20 minutes and it was ready exactly on time.  

Good crust.....nice crisp bottom, not too thin, not too thick...almost like a pan pizza, but it's free form, not baked in a pan.  Sauce:cheese:dough ratio was on target.   Would get another one.  

• 4 weeks later...

Ate there this evening.  Did a small salad and build it yourself small pizza.  Both just simply excellent.  Loved the crust.  The so called small pizza was so generous I brought half of it home.  Sat out back, definitely the best tables there.

No, there's no disco.  It was quiet and pleasant.  Nicely decorated restaurant.

My new favorite pizza place!

• 4 weeks later...

Ate at Pizza Disco last night and it was terrific. The 12" is now $120 and the 9" is $70; extra toppings are $10 each but they have a very wide variety. aFirst time EVER in Ajijic...2nd glass of wine came in a fresh glass (they appear to be very vigilant with their pour, which may be the reason) but it was pleasant nonetheless. The basic 12" pizzas with 3 toppings are $120. You can see the family influence from Pasta Trenta on the menu: theres a few dozen funky-named pizzas with ingredient combinations that sound interesting, if not a bit "out there" for some. But you can have your pie as you like it.  Presentation of each pizza was lovely, hot out of the oven on a wooden footed board. The young lady showed us a sandwich she was preparing for take out...served with a small green salad, it was a toasted dark bread with roasted vegetables and a goat cheese spread. I almost ordered one to go.

We ordered one specialty pizza (Hollywood Hills) that came with brie, EVOO, prosciutto and asparagus. It was good. The other was a make-your-own of pepperoni, mushrooms and black olives...very plentiful toppings and super crust. We both were very happy with our choices, the quality and the friendliness of the staff including "Ani" our waiter, who started only yesterday. He didn't stop working for a second...stocking, refilling, taking phone orders...all without neglecting in-house patrons. Very pleasant place, people and dining experience.

Pizza Disco also is open for breakfast and lunch and they serve more than just pizzas. Closed Sundays.

Had lunch there a few days ago on the strength of the numerous positive reviews here. 

I ended up ordering the "Quatro Stagioni" sans pepperoni and thought it was very good, albeit untraditional. Tasty crust, very good quality Spanish-style ham, some artichoke hearts, etc.  It's its own thing: certainly not classic Italian style (no pizza margherita or any of the other Neopolitan classics - nor any Italian sausage, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella or any of the other ingredients required to make one), but also not gloppy, leaden U.S. style. The owner (did I detect a Greek accent) stopped by to make sure the pizza was to my liking and the service from the fluent English-speaking waitress was excellent. 

I'd rate the quality slightly below Pizzeria Toscana and on par with El Fogón de Charlotte. Hope they continue to do a good business. Nice addition to Ajijic. 

Archived