Chapala.com Webboard

Notaries

sputnik

Does anyone know where a notary Public is to verify my signature?

I know a Notario here is a lawyer but a notary to notarize documents is different.  And also, has anyone had any experience with a notary not being accepted in the U.S. with his seal on a document?  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Many times they do not accept Mexican notaries even though most state civil codes say they can if they also get an apostille.  The best way to avoid problems is to have the notarization done by the US Consulate or talk with the person or agency accepting the notarization to clarify any extra requirements for using a Mexican notary. 

I am going through an issue with the county recorder in a county in Texas and they will not accept a property deed signed by a Mexican notary. 

2 hours ago, sputnik said:

Does anyone know where a notary Public is to verify my signature?

I know a Notario here is a lawyer but a notary to notarize documents is different.  And also, has anyone had any experience with a notary not being accepted in the U.S. with his seal on a document?  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

"I know a Notario here is a lawyer but a notary to notarize documents [in the USA/Canada] is different" - is correct. If you meant what you wrote a Notary to notarized signatures in Mexico is differernt is incorrect. A Notario/a is a specialized lawyer - the same Notario/a that does transfering of property titles and the writting of wills also notarizes signatures.

We ALWAYS use the notaries from the US consulate. It's so we can continue to receive my husband's pension and we never mess around where that is concerned. IMO cheaper is not always the best way to go.

Here is some information.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/guadalajara/lake-chapalaajijic-services/

It's a British saying and refers to their money, penny or actually pence, and the British pound. There are many uses and meanings for this phrase but in this instance it would refer to trying to find the cheapest notary but not heeding the advice of finding out first if a Mexican notary will be accepted for the task. So possibly saving a few pennies at first but then having to spend more pounds to do it right the second time.

Basically seeing the small details but not grasping the bigger picture.

I'm sure Sr. Google would list even more and better examples.

BTW I was 9 years old when the Russians launched Sputnik and my dad and I watched it on several nights. It was easily visible to the naked eye. 60 years ago this year.

Archived