Chapala.com Webboard

It's an easy drive. Drive over and wonder around and have lunch and an easy drive back. You might need a sweater or wind breaker.

• Like 1

We are thinking of going over and staying at a hotel for a couple nites and looking for a cabana to rent for a month or two during upcoming "hot" season. Does any one have suggestions? We would like somewhere with "tres b's", Bueno, Bonita y Barato. (Good, Pretty, and Cheap) Thanks :)

I take it that the highway on the south side of Lake Chapala is fully finished, no work stoppages to be concerned about?

We went about a month ago and no problems, blockages, etc; few rough spots/pot holes but the highway IS NOT finished. You can see where it is widened in some areas but not finished.

We didn't find it cool at all, just nice actually.

We drove up to Mazamitla this past Thursday. Apart from the horrendous traffic there were no problems. I noticed many signs for rentals along the road and there were even people out on the road with signs trying to attract renters. I was amazed at the large number of cabanas which have appeared since my last visit just one year ago.

There was one section of the road that was difficult to pass through, the part where you pass  through a small town.  The town is San Pedro Tesistan right before Tuxcueca.  How did they they do that stretch?  Did they build a by pass?