Chapala.com Webboard

Speed Test

hensley

I liked the old format of Ookla much better. This is the link for the "new improved" version...

http://www.speedtest.net/

You have to click on the "Go" button to get anything to happen.

Here's another one...

http://speedof.me/ with this one you click on the "start test". I use both of these and the results compare well.

32 minutes ago, hensley said:

Can anyone provide me a speed test link that works, I have always used Ookla and it just sits there now and does nothing, or is my speed that bad? Thanks

It still works just fine.....like ferret said, you now have to press the 'go' button, that's all

Just now, hensley said:

Yes I push Go and it sits there for 1 hour and nothing. I am running the other one right now, and it worked, thanks so much!!

I'm surprised that you're having problems with the speedtest.net 'go' button.  I've used it several times, and it works just fine for me!

One version of it works poorly for me usually only measuring the download speed and then just sitting there and not measuring the upload speed for me. I wish you (I should say us) good luck finding a software program that we all can get to work.

Ookla collects information for advertising, as do most sites. However, if you don't sign up with an account, the best it can do is collect location information. Ookla also uses this information to compile aggregate information concerning Internet speeds around the world. Ookla is part of Ziff Davis, a very large publishing concern.

Some of their cookies allow for faster location and display, too. The original Ookla uses Java to display the info, and if your Java is not up to date, it can cause the page to "break". Their new site doesn't use Java. Nor do speedof.me or fast.com.

Archived