Chapala.com Webboard
Kyle

Car tracking sTicker

What exactly are you referring to?

28 minutes ago, cedros said:

What exactly are you referring to?

It is a new sticker that is in the front window of cars that police can use to track the car if stolen.  I have seen it on some cars recently and wonder if it is a required stucker or just being put on all new Mexican cars 

Thanks for posting a picture of this sticker. Now can you enlighten us on the requirements and place to acquire it.

These stickers are on new cars since when I don't really know. We have a 2016 and it is on ours. It isn't the kind of thing you have to have. 

I can't see this caper lasting long - sure it sounds good to start with, then it will be misused by criminals, political cronies (as in "Why was Senator ... parked in a no tell motel last friday night?". I am surprised the human rights advocates are not on top of this, government secretly tracking its citizens is usually a big no no in most democratic countries. Tracking of stolen vehicles in Mexico, usually expensive vehicles or cargo trucks, is already well in place with satellite "Low Jack" systems. I am sure they are many times more effective than this technology.

• Like 1

"Human rights, government tracking, no no in most democratic countries" through out other democratic exist traffic cameras which are used for surveillance by many government and private factions -- much more intrusive the car sticker described don't ya think? 

11 hours ago, tomgates said:

These stickers are on new cars since when I don't really know. We have a 2016 and it is on ours. It isn't the kind of thing you have to have. 

Ditto for my 2015 made-in-Mexico vehicle. FYI asked the dealer and they said DO NOT REMOVE!!!

My 2011 car has one, they just show car was originally legally imported for national sales.