Chapala.com Webboard

Silver jewelry--where to shop locally

Lexy

My visiting nieces just told me they'd like to buy some silver jewelry. Where to shop locally at Lakeside, please? I used to shop at a nice place near the top of Colon in Ajijic owned by a Mexican couple who had been in business for a very long time. Is that place still around? I can't recall their name. My nieces will be here only two more days, Monday and Tuesday.

Your guidance will be much appreciated. . . .

Lexy

It's Ileana and Julio- they closed their Tlaxco store on Colon but are often selling their jewelry on the plaza in Ajijic and they usually have a table at the Tianguis on Tuesdays...on the left side as you walk down toward the lake

30 minutes ago, callejera said:

It's Ileana and Julio- they closed their Tlaxco store on Colon but are often selling their jewelry on the plaza in Ajijic and they usually have a table at the Tianguis on Tuesdays...on the left side as you walk down toward the lake

Callejera--Thanks. Where is the tianquis on Tuesdays?

12 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

Ileana and Julio also used to be at the Monday market so you might find them at Sunrise Cafe tomorrow.  Good people.

That sounds good. Near my house, too. Will try there. Thanks.

1 hour ago, callejera said:

Actually they're at the plaza in Ajijic on Tues. and at the Wed. tianguis which is where I think you were thinking of. 

To be safe try the Mon. market.

Archived