Chapala.com Webboard

words to know

I was trying to think of a suitable put-down for our contractor, whose crew has just finished work, but who did not bother to turn up today. Since we owe him mucho bucks, he will no doubt hove into view soon. (He always does this!)

So, I came across this list of put-downs, which I quite enjoyed! Alas, I know quite a number of these! I am not sure that I will drop one of these on our contractor, but it is soothing to think about it. I am SURE that you will all put these to proper use! If there are similar expressions in Spanish, I would love to hear them--NOT that ANY of us are going to use such expressions, but it is very helpful to know them. Me. I try to repress the few Spanish expressions I know, since I wish to behave myself here.

---------------------
So, a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey.

Pardon me, but you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn. (yes!)

I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in? (A fav of mine!)

I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive.

I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works!

Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?

Don't you need a license to be that ugly?

I see the wheel is spinning, but the hamster looks dead. (LOVED that one!)

If you had another brain, it would be lonely. (another fave!)

It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it. (If all else fails!)

no_photo.png
Click here to Reply or Forward

1 hour ago, SunshineyDay said:

Remember what this weekend is? Most not work Wed,Thurs,Fri,Sat or Sun.

The builders at the project on the corner of 5 de Febrero and the carretera were not working today - I think for almost any project this is a holiday weekend.

2 hours ago, JayBearII said:
I was trying to think of a suitable put-down for our contractor, whose crew has just finished work, but who did not bother to turn up today. Since we owe him mucho bucks, he will no doubt hove into view soon. (He always does this!)

So, I came across this list of put-downs, which I quite enjoyed! Alas, I know quite a number of these! I am not sure that I will drop one of these on our contractor, but it is soothing to think about it. I am SURE that you will all put these to proper use! If there are similar expressions in Spanish, I would love to hear them--NOT that ANY of us are going to use such expressions, but it is very helpful to know them. Me. I try to repress the few Spanish expressions I know, since I wish to behave myself here.

---------------------
So, a thought crossed your mind? Must have been a long and lonely journey.

Pardon me, but you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn. (yes!)

I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in? (A fav of mine!)

I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive.

I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works!

Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?

Don't you need a license to be that ugly?

I see the wheel is spinning, but the hamster looks dead. (LOVED that one!)

If you had another brain, it would be lonely. (another fave!)

It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it. (If all else fails!)

no_photo.png
Click here to Reply or Forward

THIS........ on Easter Weekend?  You must be a pure delight to work for.... in any capacity.

JayBear, I am not sure why you are so angry with your contractor. His crew finished the work and he did not show up on the biggest holiday weekend of the year to collect money you owe him? For that offense you fantasize about insulting his looks, intelligence, and language skill in particularly crude fashion. I really don't get it. Maybe my hamster is also dead. 

Please note that JayBearl said she was only thinking about these put-downs for her contractor but said she probably wouldn't. She said it was soothing just to think about them. Knowing her, she's the last person I know who'd deliver a harsh put down. I am surprised she cared that the contractor didn't show up to be paid. Hey, he finished the job. Be happy, JayBearl. That's my girl. . . .

Lexy

12 minutes ago, Lexy said:

Please note that JayBearl said she was only thinking about these put-downs for her contractor but said she probably wouldn't. She said it was soothing just to think about them. Knowing her, she's the last person I know who'd deliver a harsh put down. I am surprised she cared that the contractor didn't show up to be paid. Hey, he finished the job. Be happy, JayBearl. That's my girl. . . .

Lexy

Those thoughts will poison her, not them. This, of all weekends, should be a weekend for forgiveness and understanding. I am sorry for anyone who feels this kind of hostility, whether she expressed it or not. Peace.

Archived