Chapala.com Webboard

What's up with The Cave: new club/restaurant in San Antonio near Superlake?

gringohombre

I remember going to this place years ago when it was the rehearsal hall for The Tall Boys Band and they sometimes performed for the public. See little ads but no details about what type of music, restaurant offerings, hours or any details. Anyone know what is going on there? Gracias.

They had some nice live music a few times I went there. Although it was quite LOUD. (One band doing a cover of the Beatles was much better however and they could sing/play really well)

The venue is nice and spacious but I don't think they know how to market themselves. No website, no tripadvisor page, hard to find them, unless you just happen to drive by and take a chance. 

They give you unlimited popcorn and drinks were not that expensive. They have bar food too. I liked their burgers. 

Also service was very good. 

Spot on, Crazydog. They are useless at marketing. They do have a FaceBook, but there are no dates, no details, almost nada until suddenly this week... but even then some of the ads don't have dates! Just "este noche". Just ads and photos. They spent a ton of money advertising "Coming soon!" in The Reporter, with no details, and then dropped it like a hot potato. They don't post onesheets anywhere; they supposedly did flyers once, but I never saw them.

They need a STEET sign and neon and such at night, flashing lights, to let people know they are alive and kicking. They need to be posting their bands and activities daily. They need to let people know that it's SAFE, not some dive bar, and that ladies without dates are encouraged to check it out. And they need a greeter at the door, with a big warm smile and directions. They need to advertise in both local English publications, and in local (at least) Spanish publications. And those ads need to tell us days and hours. Many of the seniors that might drop in are not using FaceBook, so that is a complete waste at this point, even it if was well done.

And they need to be blatant about the fact that they serve food, too, and what kind.

I don't get why a lot of local businesses here in Mexico use Facebook as their ONLY page. Paying 10 bucks a year for a domain and investing in some google analytics knowledge would get them so much more quality business. 

Many people want nothing to do with Facebook and I'm one of them that doesn't have an account. All these Facebook pages of these companies are useless to me because I get a huge pop up covering the info asking me to join Facebook. Complete turn off! 

I'm not all that comfortable with Facebook, myself, altho I finally managed to figure out why I couldn't access it--I had changed email addresses from AOL to Google some years ago, and stopped using my old AOL address, by which I had accessed Facebook. After figuring this out, I am now I am back on Facebook, and I have discovered several long-lost friends and relatives from my US days, which is great. But I still don't like it! This whole thing of who you want to recognize as a "friend" turns me off. Local businesses need to communicate in as many ways as possible--signage, chatboards like this, ads in The Guad Reporter and the Ojo, handouts, special events.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived