Chapala.com Webboard

Copper topped furniture

I seem to remember copper products and artisans out on the road to El Salto.    Road runs east from Chapala Guadalajara highway.  Also there is the town of Santa Clara del Cobre in Michoacan world-famous for their coppersmithing skills.  They have Copper Fair, I believe in August and a Hammered Copper Competition.  Might be worth the trip the town is one of the 'Magical Towns'.  Just thinking that a good craftsman can take whatever furniture pieces you have or want and top them with copper.

3 hours ago, el bartman said:

I seem to remember copper products and artisans out on the road to El Salto.    Road runs east from Chapala Guadalajara highway.  Also there is the town of Santa Clara del Cobre in Michoacan world-famous for their coppersmithing skills.  They have Copper Fair, I believe in August and a Hammered Copper Competition.  Might be worth the trip the town is one of the 'Magical Towns'.  Just thinking that a good craftsman can take whatever furniture pieces you have or want and top them with copper.

There is an amazing copper furniture maker with a store and catalogues in Santa Clara del Cobre.

santa clara delcobre furniture.jpg

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

Maybe they can ship here like I had some copper sinks shipped here a couple years ago. What is the website to view the catalog??

I don't remember. You'll have to google it like I did,but I  saw the store and catalogue in Santa Clara. The family member spoke English.

We had a beautiful headboard made years ago with copper inlays made in Tonala. the factory information is:

Replicas y Originales Ornelas  (the owner is Eric Jaime Ornelas Sepulveda and he speaks English)

Carrt. Libre a los Altos No. 816 San Miguel de la Punta, Tonala 45420  (400 Mts. del Crucero del Penal Fte. a Gas Z para auto)

Phone 333 690 1069

I would call them for good directions now that the new highway has been built. It is outside the main shopping district.

If you take that bypass just N of the airport exit and proceed north and exit at the Zapotlanejo exit and go east on that highway about 2 km and it will be on your right.

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2017 at 9:34 AM, conejorapido said:

Looking for copper top furniture pieces. Anyone have a recommendation in Tonala or Tlaquepaque? Custom made or ready made.

Hi my name is Juan Ziranda I am a salesman for Taller Original Del Cobre in Santa Clara del Cobre Michuoacan Mexico any copper product you may need 

Why not just stay put here and go to Robert in Ajijic.  His crew of expert carpenters and craftsmen make wonderful copper topped furniture.  We have several cherished pieces of his group's work in our home here lakeside and in our home in La Manzanilla.  I can't find his phone number right now, but he is near the first light as one enters Ajijic from Chapala, up above the carreterra near the Sushi restaurant sign.  He is on the right.  He has signs out for custom furniture.  Prices are fair and the quality is good to great.  I'll post his phone when I find it. 

Archived