Chapala.com Webboard

meds from USA

Need a bit more information on that question.  If you can bring meds yourself when traveling, no problem.  Mailing is another matter and I am not sure about that. 

As to blood pressure, I think there are probably several good general practitioners here that can help you.  The are a couple of good ones at Ajijic Hospital.  Also, Dr. Lupita has been recommended to us.

We buy a couple of generics online from India. They ship to our mail drop in Houston and then get included with our basically bi monthly box of stuff that we have Estafeta USA send to us, never a problem. We just got a 20 kg box yesterday that included Cardura and a med my wife takes. Also got my new Instant Pot, clothing both new and used from eBay, more kitchen stuff, hot mustard powder, makeup, and some seasonings I couldn't find here. Total cost was $238 US with insurance. Duty is always included. YMMV

As far as I know iShop Mail Services is the only reliable way to have meds imported as they do the paperwork required and take them through customs in Nuevo Laredo and then they arrive about 7-10 days later at your box here in San Antonio.  Cost is $10 US per unique script which can be a three months supply even if it comes in three bottles. That is a flat rate for the duty and their handling combined.  I did this for a friend for the first three years he lived here until he had worked ahead to a six month supply as then he could pick them up in the US on his twice yearly trips up to see his doctor, thus saving $600 a year for his 5 meds from that point on.  But if you're on an expensive med you can't get here and/or your insurance covers it for a copay and it would be more than $10 a month here, the service is well worth it.  You also have to calculate in the $396 per 14 months box fee, but you can share a box with three others or look around for offers to share.

Ross MacDonald provides delivery of medications, parcels, health supplements, etc from Texas to San Miguel, Queretaro, Oaxaca and Chapala at a cost less than most. Fee is based solely on weight and not value. web site:  extendinglivesmexico.com  email:  extendinglives@gmail.com

Archived