Chapala.com Webboard

Hi! I need recommendations of a  experienced  guy to install a new lawn irrigation system. Those hoses are getting heavier all the time moving them 30 to 40 times twice a week and now with the hotter weather 3 times a week. It's a full time job. Thanks  

Second Floradude..we had our system done four years ago for the very reasons you cite.  Luis Ruvalcaba did a complete job, gives you diagrams in event later you want to change something you know where the lines run etc.  Their service is like the work, first class.  No problems!

Phone   cel:331-241-9773  

Office: 376-766-4534

Lazaro Cardenas #56 C 

Speaks English 

Not many choices. Seems a monopoly on this specialized work. I used a plumber to re-position. A serious mistake as he did not admit he was knowledgeable and messed it up. The upside, fortunate to have an employee of the above company who worked on it after hours,  connected everything just right, adjusted all the heads and re-set the damn timer which no one knows how to do!!

23 hours ago, tzevi said:

Not many choices. Seems a monopoly on this specialized work. I used a plumber to re-position. A serious mistake as he did not admit he was knowledgeable and messed it up. The upside, fortunate to have an employee of the above company who worked on it after hours,  connected everything just right, adjusted all the heads and re-set the damn timer which no one knows how to do!!

Sure does tzevi. Sounds like a good business to get into. Oh yea 30/40 years ago. I AM RETIRED, I AM RETIRED.Say it ten more times.

We have had good luck so far with soaker hose. Much easier to plan your zones, much easier to install, does not waste water either. The trouble is, it is probably hard to find in Mexico, and heavy to ship. We bought ours, 300 feet, at a yard sale. For flower beds, you can run them under landscape fabric, it stops water loss and controls weeds

We just completed a new house project in San Juan Cosala.  Our gardener's brother is a plumber and was highly recommended.  He installed a 3-zone system on our property which is over 500 square meters.  I believe labor and materials ran approximately $14000 MXN.  Did a great job!  Gardener is Felipe and speaks perfect English. Can be reached on his cell at 331-544-0887.

What about installing a couple of automatic rewinding 20 meter hose reels?  Costco are selling them (Flo-Master).  We have a 4 zone sprinkler system but not all areas are covered so we have 4 hose reels to cover the remaining areas and all the plant pots.  The hose reels provide on demand water for the entire garden and patio areas and are so easy pull out, lock in place, and rewind.  I too got tired of hauling heavy hoses around...

23 hours ago, Cincy said:

What about installing a couple of automatic rewinding 20 meter hose reels?  Costco are selling them (Flo-Master).  We have a 4 zone sprinkler system but not all areas are covered so we have 4 hose reels to cover the remaining areas and all the plant pots.  The hose reels provide on demand water for the entire garden and patio areas and are so easy pull out, lock in place, and rewind.  I too got tired of hauling heavy hoses around...

Thanks Cincy, While checking out your Flo-Master idea I also came across a product available here locally. It's a 1" round hose with elongated holes the full length and made to fit your area exactly which will solve two problems very nicely for me where the areas are 5 ft. X 45 ft & 5 ft X 35 ft and water supply from the street is right there where as it is a 70 foot run  with many turns to supply water from the pressure tank. These will be manually operated simply by turning on the faucet near by where the hose is screwed on to. NOW for the other areas I still need one more PRO to evaluate and quote while waiting for the first to bring back the plans and price. Thanks everyone

Archived