Chapala.com Webboard

Temp to Perm Resident - documents required?

Herm

I'm a temporary resident and am getting ready to put in my application to be permanent (vínculo familiar).  I hadn't looked at the INM's website in a while and see that it has changed a bit, especially the page concerning documentation (http://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/cambio-a-residente-permanente-por-vinculo-familiar/INM822).  For my temporary residency, I had communicated with INM directly via their website, which worked really well, but I see that that service is no longer available.  What a pity.  Anyway, the list of documents required looks rather short.  For example, no mention of the popular comprobante de domicilio, which I suppose means that it's not needed, but why no mention of photos? My problem is that I live hours away from my INM office, so I can't just pop in to ask, and which is why I need to get everything ready before the big, scary appointment.  If anybody has any advice to offer, it will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

You will basically do everything you did when applying for the RT. Go online to the INM website and fill out their "tramite" form [process change of stay from RT to stay RP] and print it out and take it with you. Do this maximun 30 calender days before the RT card expiration date. Fill out another "formato básico" again. Write a letter explaining why you want to go from RT to RP. 3 more photos. 2 bank payments. Copies and present original of your:  passport, spouse´s IFE card, hand in your RT card and the letter and wait to be called in to be fingerprinted and leave the photos and make the 2nd. payment at any bank and return with the bank reciept.

My office can help if you are far to review your scanned documents and then prepare the 4 forms needed to turn in as well as payment form and email to you to print or we can do it all for you.  We are in every day 8am to 3 or 4pm so no need to limit yourself.  Done thousands of applications over the years.

Archived