Chapala.com Webboard

NEW HIGH RISE WEST OF TOWN?

ezpz

There is an ad in the new OJO del Lago for a new 6-story condo complex but the location isn't stated.  They are already advertising "pre-sale".  Would anyone actually buy into a condo before it is actually built??  I wondered if this was the new project going up in La Floresta.  Out of curiosity I went to the posted website address and found this:

http://coreliving.mx/es

This website is all Spanish, but the prices are quoted in USD, and goes on to say that the building is located on the carretera in Rancho Del Oro.  Does this building actually exist?  WTF??  

Looks like the lifestyle of Puerto Vallarta is coming to Lakeside. Complete with presales which usually account for 30-50% of the total. Very common here. I love the boast of easy auto access!

Well, the first line of crap is that it is 25 minutes from the airport.  Maybe they mean at 3 o'clock in the morning going 100 kph.  Well, there goes the neighborhood.  Up next, McDonalds, Burger King, maybe, hopefully a Tim Hortons.  Well, we had a good run, but when the Wal-Mart came in, that should have been a warning to the Lakeside area residents.  Now a hotel on the highway where Chapala Hacinedas and Las Brisas are?  Hey people are probably saying "If you don't like it, then leave".  We are.  Adios Lakeside, you've grown up.    

As only a prospective resident, I wonder where next too.  Proximity to the Walmart isn't my idea of why I would move to Mexico.  And I worry about the impact of development on the natural environment, especially without much oversight in the public interest, We will rent rather than buy so we'll be able to move without having to sell a home, but once we commit to moving, I really would like it to be a decision that will hold up over time.  So, where next indeed?

Elisabeth,

No cause for concern. Doing ones due diligence prior to buying a home applies to anywhere in the world, US included. You wouldn't buy a home with a view without making sure no one could build in front of you thus blocking your view. You wouldn't buy a home on one of the islands in Puget Sound without making sure you were ok with commuting to Seattle via ferry. Rent for awhile, sure. When ready to buy just make sure you have an honest realtor. And if you find a house you like, erect a pup tent in front of it and hang out for a few days, and nights! 

23 minutes ago, tomgates said:

Elisabeth,

No cause for concern. Doing ones due diligence prior to buying a home applies to anywhere in the world, US included. You wouldn't buy a home with a view without making sure no one could build in front of you thus blocking your view. You wouldn't buy a home on one of the islands in Puget Sound without making sure you were ok with commuting to Seattle via ferry. Rent for awhile, sure. When ready to buy just make sure you have an honest realtor. And if you find a house you like, erect a pup tent in front of it and hang out for a few days, and nights! 

FWIW, in San Miguel de Allende there are laws in place to protect one's existing view.  And they seem to be strictly enforced based on conversations I've had with both homeowners and realtors there.  The views there are of the churches; the more churches you can see from your house, the better 'value' you have.  The heights of new or remodeled homes near you cannot negatively impact your view.

Archived