Chapala.com Webboard

macrolibramiento

a little bit confused - just went for a trial drive on the macrolibramiento as leaving for Canada next week.   Not sure , when you see the sign that says Mexico Cuota and Morelia 15D is there where you exit, or do you follow the Zapotlanejo sign - it seemed the arrow was pointing in the same direction as cuota sign  off to the right,  but when we asked one of the workers there, he said to veer left and follow the sign that said Tepatitlan........HELP

These directions assume you are heading north on the Chapala - Guadalajara Hwy. as if going to the airport.

You keep to your right when approaching the overpass over the Chapala Hwy and turn right just before you go under the bridge.  This merges you onto the new Macro Libramiento toward Zapotlenejo.  Continue on this and after the toll booth, you are currently forced off and onto the 15D toll road heading NW toward Guadalajara.  You go through another toll booth then just as you pass the large Pemex station, keep to your right again and take the off ramp for 90 & 80D toward Lagos de Moreno.  There is another small toll station there but show them the receipt from the other two you just paid and you won't have to pay again.  Continue on to 80D east toward Canada..

Ezzie, not sure if you were referring to the exit just after the airport  but we took the exit- just past Ixtlahucan and were on a toll for 27 km. at the price of 46 pe.  Not too far after we came upon signs and work crews  .  As I mentioned there were several signs, the one for 15D that said Mexico cuota and Morelia, I think and then the ones for 80 .   

No, I was referring to the new Macro Libramiento overpass over the Chapala Hwy. - just past Buena Vista.  If you come to the exit for the La Barca Hwy. (35) you have gone too far.

There currently is only one toll booth on the new Macro Libramiento - just before you forced off onto the 15D toll road.  Eventually the interchange where the new Macro Libramiento ends and the junction with Hwy. 90 & 80D will be completed and you won't need to take the short stint to the NW on 15D at all. 

I rode this today on my bike and the road is well marked like Ezzie has reported.  I only encountered two tolls and not three.   I will be heading that direction sometime in the next 10 days, so if you want, you can follow me.  I usually spend the night in Saltillo and then cross at Colombia bridge the next day.  PM me if you want.

We usually stay at Four Points by Sheraton on Ramos Arizpe.  I am going to try Mario´s Inn this time up the road some.  Come straight up 57 and turn on 40D to head into Saltillo a couple of miles.  Both hotels will be on your right. We travel with pets so that limits our options.  It is less than 1/2 price of the Sheraton.

I used the Fairfield Inn as mentioned above about a month ago. Agree about the rooms being nice BUT:

1) There is no restaurant at this nice facility (breakfast is 'continental plus waffles' in a very small room, but free). Finding a restaurant there in Ramos was quite a challenge even with my smart phone.

2) The room rate was advertise as $X, even on the office wall and even when I asked the desk clerk. When and only after I booked and charged the room on my CC, I was quite surprised when I saw that their quoted rate did not include VAT nor Saltillo extra lodging taxes, so the actual room cost more than it was worth (to me). In my many travels in Mexico my experience is that the rate on the office wall is inclusive and 'bottom line'. Maybe online not, but in the facility, yes.

3) Although it right on a major thoroughfare, it is kinda hard to turn into the lot as it shares a small driveway with some other facility. The 'office' is around back but there are no signs telling one that so kinda confusing especially if the sun has gone down. When leaving the lot going to Laredo, one must first go south for quite a ways and retorno, backtracking to 57/40. Now that I know all this, no problem but for a first visit...... no so much.

All of this is why I asked kiko where he/she stays..... If I stay in the Saltillo area again I'll try something else.

GOOD NEWS:  The final part of the Macrolibremiento, connecting to the Lagos cuota is OPEN.

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2017/716443/6/en-circulacion-otros-cinco-kilometros-del-macrolibramiento.htm

No more double toll and backtrack.  Toll was raised to 52 pesos for the additional distance, half of what they were charging for the inconvenience of backtracking.

Apparently just opened it today.  Enjoy!

That is good news.

The second to last sentence of the article seems to say that the entire macrolibriamento will be complete around August-September. The unfished section is from the Chapala highway connecting at km 15 of the GDL-Tepic cuota.It will be sweet to bypass GDL on the way to the coast.

14 hours ago, RickS said:

Great info cat.  So one just gets on it where it intersects with the Chapala-Guad highway, goes east and follow signs towards the 80D cuota to Lagos?  

It's a straight shot onto the 80D.  Interestingly, this was designed making the macrolibremiento as the direct route and coming south from Lagos you bear to the right to go towards GDL on the "old" route.

I'm very curious as to how one is going to enter the new road going north from Chapala highway as there are no ramps other than the current ones for going towards Lagos.  Very strange.  I'm assuming there will be a retorno somewhere close to the entrance.

I'm very curious as to how one is going to enter the new road going north from Chapala highway as there are no ramps other than the current ones for going towards Lagos.  Very strange.  I'm assuming there will be a retorno somewhere close to the entrance.

Just to clarify - MC, do you mean if you are heading south on the Chapala highway from Guadalajara?  his

South or north there appears no direct way to enter the new road from Chapala highway if you want to go towards PV.  Yes there appear to be no ramps at all on southbound Chapala highway from GDL.  They do engineer roads very strangely in these parts.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think the on-ramp to go west on the Macrolibramiento from the Chapala Hwy. will actually be off of 35, the La Barca Hwy.  As you go north on the Chapala Hwy. you will proceed past the overpass and head east on Hwy. 35 for about 1 km.  Then there looks to be an on ramp under construction to get you up and onto the Macrolibramiento.  What seems to be missing is a way to get the Hwy. 35 traffic coming from the east up and onto the Macrolibramiento in either direction. 

On 4/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, RickS said:

I used the Fairfield Inn as mentioned above about a month ago. Agree about the rooms being nice BUT:

1) There is no restaurant at this nice facility (breakfast is 'continental plus waffles' in a very small room, but free). Finding a restaurant there in Ramos was quite a challenge even with my smart phone.

If you are looking for a good restuarant along this stretch Hwy 40, then try Mesón Principal del Norte Blvd Venustiano Carranza #4671      www.mesonprincipal.com        

If you know where the Four Points Sherton is, then continue on the lateral into Saltillo for about 5-8 minutes just past a major cloverleaf and then you will find Meson Principal on your right.  Excellent restaurant, well worth the search.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, John Shrall said:

That is good news.

The second to last sentence of the article seems to say that the entire macrolibriamento will be complete around August-September. The unfished section is from the Chapala highway connecting at km 15 of the GDL-Tepic cuota.It will be sweet to bypass GDL on the way to the coast.

Don't hold your breath. Large sections are far from complete on the Northwest extension. Some bridges are not even started.

Archived