Chapala.com Webboard

A bit confused on satellite / streaming / cable

Kurbie

I've read lots of info on the site and looking for the best solution to watch the following:

CNN - Fox News - Major US Networks (don't care which city it's broadcast from) - DVR Recording Device - Netflix - Amazon 

We currently have US Dish and love it; although have read potential issues with having it in Mexico / Lakeside.  Thanks guys and we'll be starting our build this summer in Vista Alegre.

Netflix and Amazon are streamed and much of their content is not available in Mexico unless you use a VPN or like to try your luck with one of the many streaming services that have been discussed here.

We get all the channels you mentioned by subscribing to US TV NOW. $40 US includes a DVR with 30 days unlimited storage. We watch on our TV with a Roku device. I give it a 7.5 as some live popular sports sometimes do buffer. The DVR is great for Gold Rush, Deadliest Catch, etc. We also have SKY so easy to switch if say the Masters buffers later today. We have the Basic package which just went to $419 pesos. Lots of US sports, usually 4 game choices for NFL, Fox News, no CNN nor networks.

Its hard to get everything you want in one place, unless you're willing to spend some serious cash. Pappysmarket covers USTVnow above, but they also have a little advertised "diplomatic plan" which runs $200 USD per month but includes almost everything. As a temporary measure, I was using this webstream for fox news:

http://vaughnlive.tv/newzviewz

We have Dish and only one  2.4mt dish. I have the 722 DVR receiver and have a mix of HD channels and reg channels, Serius radio and NY and NJ network channels. Also 5 HBO channels. I use CP Electronics out of Guadalajara and it is about $100/mo US.

Archived