Chapala.com Webboard

streaming Amazon Prime videos with inexpensive VPN?

Don`t wanna spend much to stream the Amazon Prime videos.  Is anyone using an inexpensive software-only-based VPN to do this?  Extra credit: are you also streaming Netflix with the same VPN?

I've only had limited success with accessing Netflix via a VPN.  Seems like sooner or later, Netflix gets wind of the VPN connection (due to multiple connection requests from multiple users) and blacklists the IP address of the VPN provider.  I'm still looking for a good solution and will give Strong a try.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, NLU said:

one usually gets what one pays for

some work today

but not tomorrow

after several years here, I believe strong is the best

http://digitaledition.chicagotribune.com/html5/desktop/production/default.aspx?&pubid=3e7227b1-e3b7-4fac-aa07-5f943e58b4c5

but others will get a favorable vote from this community as well

Why have you given a link to the Chicago Tribune? I am not pregnant.

I watched Netflix yesterday evening using Strong VPN.

No problem.

We'll see is there is one later today.

However, I am having problem with Amazon Prime.

Strong VPN works on my computer, but NOT with Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Kindle.

Anyone out there have a workaround?

to watch movies and tv shows i use showbox app. or movies hd.all on demand.

you could try touch vpn, free from google play android/ microsoft store for windows 10. think ok for ios as well

or a dns changer from unotelly.com. think its a canadian company but servers worldwide. i access bbc iplayer regularly without problems.think is about 50 usd per year.

52 minutes ago, NLU said:

I watched Netflix yesterday evening using Strong VPN.

No problem.

We'll see is there is one later today.

However, I am having problem with Amazon Prime.

String VPN works on my computer, but NOT with Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Kindle.

Anyone out there have a workaround?

Remember it is NetFlix U.S. that gets blocked.  You can watch NetFlix Mexico direct, no need for VPN.

Or they may have not "found" the Strong server you are using.  They definitely found ours. :(

NetFlix U.S. was still blocked on our Strong as of 7PM yesterday.  Also on our friend's.

Never had a problem streaming Amazon Prime through our VPN and Roku device.  It will not stream directly through our Mexican IP.

• 4 months later...

I don't understand why you are purchasing these expensive VPN instead you can  use netfflix addon on kodi and stream whatever you want without paying single penny.

Even i'm using sportsdevil or Netflix from 1 year without any issue. You should check this guide if you want to install these addon. https://mykodiaddons.com/install-sportsdevil-kodi/

I am not streaming but browser Opera has free VPN and it works fine for me.     I like Opera browser and it works fine, but sometimes it loses my settings and I have to reset them.   If it was a real problem, I would look into it more.   

9 hours ago, BCdoug said:

I am not streaming but browser Opera has free VPN and it works fine for me.     I like Opera browser and it works fine, but sometimes it loses my settings and I have to reset them.   If it was a real problem, I would look into it more.   

Thanks for the tip about Opera.  I have been looking for a VPN that works and is easy to set up and use - mainly to stream music from Pandora.  Super easy to set up and it works!  and its free .... doesn't have a lot of choices for countries though so no TV from England or Australia - oh well - it streams my music!

I use expressvpn vpn that offers a streaming DNS setting and a blocker. Excellent customer service. Chat box pops up and walks you through changing vpn locations when one gets blocked. Use me as a reference and we both get an extra month. I had a problem with amazon because I signed up for amazon Mexico. I had to chat with amazon customer service and have them change my account from Mexico to US. Then vpn from there. But amazon got tricky.

Paid for purevpn and the couldn’t download it to my iPad. Any suggestions? Asked for a refund but no luck with that. 

Another vote for ExpressVPN, not the cheapest but so far the best of 4 I have used over the years. Just tested and was blocked with my Mexican address and switched to EV and it came right up.

YMMV

I’ve been using Express VPN for over a year, with my Amazon Prime Video with no problem...  that was until October 2.   Sigh.  It no longer works.  I tried about five other VPNs I’ve had some luck with in the past, but it seems Amazon has now caught on.  I suspect VPNs are a thing of the past for Amazon. 

After the same problems last year with Netflix I switched to Netflix Mexico.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 5:35 PM, sugarplumfaerie said:

Thanks for the tip about Opera.  I have been looking for a VPN that works and is easy to set up and use - mainly to stream music from Pandora.  Super easy to set up and it works!  and its free .... doesn't have a lot of choices for countries though so no TV from England or Australia - oh well - it streams my music!

fixed problem with saving my preferences - “Your Preferences cannot be read” -  ://www.httpswintips.org/how-to-fix-your-preferences-can-not-be-read-error-in-chrome-solved/ 

On 10/6/2017 at 2:36 PM, kookielendmeyourcomb said:

I’ve been using Express VPN for over a year, with my Amazon Prime Video with no problem...  that was until October 2.   Sigh.  It no longer works.  I tried about five other VPNs I’ve had some luck with in the past, but it seems Amazon has now caught on.  I suspect VPNs are a thing of the past for Amazon. 

After the same problems last year with Netflix I switched to Netflix Mexico.

Whenever I have been blocked using ExpressVPN I have gone to their live chat function and they have directed me to a different server, which has always solved my problem.

YMMV

I had that happen I could only get Mexican amazon movies. I’m contacted amazon and told them the issue and I was traveling to Mexico not but back in the states. They had to switch my country setting on their end. Just make sure if you open up your amazon movies your von is on. Also, sometimes with expressvpn the setting needs to be on la 3 or New Jersey 2. Amazon blocks some of the other cities. Just chat up expressvpn and ask them which setting is working and they’ll tell you

• 4 months later...

Archived