Chapala.com Webboard

MURALS: Exterior Paint wanted for Chapala murals. Any color.

mexart

I'm gearing up to paint a couple exterior wall murals in the next month. The location (s) are fronting the Tianguis street in Chapala, A. OBREGON. I'm asking for paint donations of any exterior paints. Any colors. Any sizes. I have several murals in the Pike Place Market Seattle for refrence. I'm Ready to start! Crowdfunding encouraged.

Appreciate your enthusiasm. Have you done this before? You know you need scaffolds. Working that closeup, on a big mural requires paper patterns. I have an electro pounce machine you could borrow. Commercial acrylic paints do not have powerful, UV resistant colours - you have to make your own. I have some pigments I could donate, and show you how. You mention Pike Street Market - this is how these professional level murals were created, and also in the old days, painted on the sides of building advertising signs. Do the job right, or else in a few years when a cheap acrylic paint starts to fail, no one will bother to fix them.

electro pounce videos

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have 6 or more large murals to my credit, indoor/outdoor. I have scaffolding but the walls i.ve selected would require little more than board on bucket. I want to do a simple two color muralph@ml.com.mx on first wall, a black outline piece so the two colors are black and the wall color. I.don't like to use a terra cotta color for the background on this. My mural work borders on the cartoonist, I think it will be fine. The second site just up the block is a longer rectangle, the first one is a square. The 2nd one I'm thinking a boats on the lake abstract, will be able to use small cans of donated color here. Normally I use 1 Shot sign enamels. Remind me to bring a bunch next trip. Dick Blick has them. Will last decades outdoors. The donated paint won't last, that's OK, a few years is fine. Then either retouch the original or white out and do a new one.

received_10211116188794999.jpeg

Nice color work. What medium are you using? I have only been able to get colors this vibrant from true fresco, and I have most of the raw pigments you are showing here. The true fresco is absolutely matte/flat when it cures. What are you using for black? I like Mars Black, but have ran out. There is a new black pigment, not on the general market yet - when it is, it will be expensive.

http:// https://www.dezeen.com/2016/03/02/anish-kapoor-exclusive-rights-vantablack-blackest-black-pigment/

I agree you don't need pouncing for this style, I would call it expressive, more than cartoonish. I buy my pigments and paint making supplies http://shop.kremerpigments.com/en/. This site has only came back online today - their electricity was off for a couple of days. It has lots instruction on how to make premium watercolors, acrylic, oils, mineral paints, etc.

That image  is an oil on wood painting called Chapala Boats that I've recently completed here in Chapala, which I was showing since there was some question about my skill set or experience. There are more images at billyking.com including mural images.

Here's a picture of my studio in Chapala. I'm not getting any actual paint donations and time is running out for this season. Any suggestions?

IMG_20160425_180158.jpg

I know that Prisa happily donated all the paint for the recent utility post paintings in Ajijic (+/- 100 posts) by the local children.  You might be able to hit them up for some paint.

Archived