Chapala.com Webboard

Problems with Mexican citizenship?

The nicest person at SRE e is by far Lic Citlali. or used to be when I went there. I was told by one of the employees at the passport office that they were not to speak English.. I just told him in Spanish that it was fine with me...but I think there is some nastiness going on between employees  and a faction is trying to show that some people are too lenient with foreigners.. be careful not to be caught in that one and not to have some one be nice and speak English to help you  and then get that person in trouble.. 

23 hours ago, barbara habacht said:

We have discovered and dealt with an office in Guadalajara that can assist "ex pats" who have trouble with officials that cause you  immigration troubles, do not treat you fairly or attempt to prevent you from moving forward towards citizenship, etc.

A prime example is taking the language interview with the man who has a speech impediment that makes it difficult to understand his spanish or his english. If you can't get past him than you cannot get your final papers.

I will share the names, address and telephone numbers with interested parties. Please note that few people at this office speak english. I will share the name of one lady who is fluent. I don't want them to be inundated with calls as they will not be as helpful as they have been....if it is petty complaints or answers to obvious questions. They do not want to be kept busy, i.e., answering how you fill out forms, which lines to stand in.

Please contact me via my personal email only suggesting why you might need to reach this office.

Fred Habacht

habachtf@gmail.com

Fred, is this office you mention the INM (the immigration office, in charge of visas, etc) or the SRE (in charge of naturalization (becoming a citizen)?

I think he menas SRE which was at the Palacio Federal and now is on Ave. Mexico in Zapopan.

Archived