Chapala.com Webboard

I have tried all the variations of 800-866-877-888 numbers to call FREE using the 880-883-882-881 prefix and they all tell me that there is 'an international fee' to use them...so I hung up and gave up.   Or did I misunderstand that post about 'free' 800 numbers?

Since I do not know the fees and if calling someplace in Canada that will have a long wait time on hold...didn't want to incur some huge fee.   I cannot find that original post here but the information is wrong....just saying.....

Yes I do know that and use it frequently....its a great deal....but if calling CRA for instance as I was trying....they only show 800 #'s on their website.  However....I googled until I found the Ottawa 613 exchange, called a dept and was then re-directed to the dept. I needed!  Pronto...no wait...and still free from my landline here...problem solved.  

I suggest that the info. on the posting here was not correct.....

I was told at Telmex that if you have to use one of their special 800 numbers to connect to a US or Canadian 800 number that regardless of the plan you have that you are charged 7 pesos per minute for this service. That seems too high. I sure hope I heard wrong.

Archived