Chapala.com Webboard

State Police Department/Office?

We are in need of a "Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales" for US immigration purposes.  This is a certificate of a clear legal record in Mexico.  Immigration claims they are to be applied for from the "Mexican State Police".

Are there any State Police offices Lakeside or is this a drive to Guad?

Many thanks!

There IS an office in Chapala, but the certificate I have (needed one a few years ago) is only for Jalisco.  Might be worth going to see them --- outer south side of Mercado building back of the plaza, about mid-way along that side.

Thank you both!  We will visit the Chapala office first and if they don't issue it there, onward to Guad I guess.  Grateful for the help!

pm

• 9 months later...

The State agency that issues them is the Jalisco Institute of Forensic Sciences or IJCF and there is one in the plaza in Chapala and costs about 105 pesos.  Federal ones can vary.  The federal letters for becoming a Mexican Citizen are only issued in Coyoacan, Mexico City, HOWEVER, I have seen federal letters issued for foreign immigration purposes by the local PGR office in 16 de Septiembre in Guadalajara where they will direct the letter to a specific consulate. 

Archived