Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

State Police Department/Office?

Recommended Posts

We are in need of a "Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales" for US immigration purposes.  This is a certificate of a clear legal record in Mexico.  Immigration claims they are to be applied for from the "Mexican State Police".

Are there any State Police offices Lakeside or is this a drive to Guad?

Many thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you both!  We will visit the Chapala office first and if they don't issue it there, onward to Guad I guess.  Grateful for the help!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

The State agency that issues them is the Jalisco Institute of Forensic Sciences or IJCF and there is one in the plaza in Chapala and costs about 105 pesos.  Federal ones can vary.  The federal letters for becoming a Mexican Citizen are only issued in Coyoacan, Mexico City, HOWEVER, I have seen federal letters issued for foreign immigration purposes by the local PGR office in 16 de Septiembre in Guadalajara where they will direct the letter to a specific consulate. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...