Chapala.com Webboard

Sending food items to the USA

Rony

A lady in California asked me to send her a few pounds of chocolate.  Usually, people inquire about sending stuff here.  Does anybody have any experience in sending food items upnorth  ?  Custom problems, taxes, .... ?

I know that meat and plants can be a problem, but what about something like candies/chocolate.

I will also check with DHL today, to see if they can give me more info.

Thank you for your time.

Rony

33 minutes ago, sparks said:

Ther is very little you can't buy in the Mexican stores in the states.  CA must be full of them

Unless she is expecting a bargain 

Sparks is obviously a person who does not understand chocolate -- and most especially Rony's chocolate. The woman knows full well she can get excellent chocolate pretty much anywhere in the States. What she can not get is Rony's chocolate, and she is willing to spend whatever is necessary to get her hands on some. I understand.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Sparks is obviously a person who does not understand chocolate -- and most especially Rony's chocolate. The woman knows full well she can get excellent chocolate pretty much anywhere in the States. What she can not get is Rony's chocolate, and she is willing to spend whatever is necessary to get her hands on some. I understand.

Ho .... what I didn't understand was sh wanted his chocolate.  Rony didn't stipulate 

33 minutes ago, sparks said:

Ho .... what I didn't understand was sh wanted his chocolate.  Rony didn't stipulate 

I rest my case. If you understand chocolate and understand Rony's chocolate, it is beyond human comprehension why a woman in California would be asking Rony to send anything but his chocolate. That would be like saying, "Colonel Sanders didn't stipulate the woman wanted his fried chicken." In this community and on this web board, Rony is the Colonel Sanders of fine chocolate.

Thank you so much for the kind reactions.  In meanwhile, I went to DHL, and a small package (less than 3 kilogram) with chocolate appears easy enough to send there (but no ice allowed and packed in ziploc bags).   Still wondering about customs for a small amount (reason for posting... to see if anybody here with experience doing this).  I will just give it a try and see who will finally end up eating the chocolate.

Rony, I was just thinking that last year I bought "one of each" of your Easter bunnies. We ate 2, and the others were given with a little Easter celebration money to our maid, gardener, condo gardener, and asst. dog walker. (I think that means you have 6 varieties.)  I like to give a tip at Easter, as I know it is a big celebration here and a little extra helps, but I like to make it a gift, instead of just a cash tip. NOT  trying to start a trend, just thought I would say "thank you, Rony" and ask where I can pick up my assorted bunnies this year. YUM!

2 hours ago, JayBearII said:

Rony, I was just thinking that last year I bought "one of each" of your Easter bunnies. We ate 2, and the others were given with a little Easter celebration money to our maid, gardener, condo gardener, and asst. dog walker. (I think that means you have 6 varieties.)  I like to give a tip at Easter, as I know it is a big celebration here and a little extra helps, but I like to make it a gift, instead of just a cash tip. NOT  trying to start a trend, just thought I would say "thank you, Rony" and ask where I can pick up my assorted bunnies this year. YUM!

I tried to send you a personal message here but couldnt.  Can you e mail me (  elbelgicano@yahoo.com  ) ?    Thank you !

Rony

13 hours ago, bdlngton said:

Rony--I sent you an email about this.

I received another one, but not yours.  Plse, could you send another one ?  Thks

Archived