Chapala.com Webboard

Is Lakeside more crowded on Easter weekend?

Lexy

I can't quite remember clearly as I don't pay special attention to Easter, but is Lakeside more crowded during this time? More people down from Guad?  On the other hand, more Lakesiders go away at this time? Thank you for reminding me, if you can. . .

Lexy

To my mind, it's extremely crowded. I remember having to take the Camino Real (the old road) all the way from far east Ajijic to my place in far west Ajijic because the carretera was totally tied up with cars coming in from Guad. It is a good time to stay home if you can!

3 hours ago, Lexy said:

Ewwww! I'm remembering now. I have two nieces due to arrive from US Saturday before Easter Sunday. That's not good.

Lexy

Yep, not a good time for a visit.

I always had to remind my gardener to check the aljibe before and NOT to water much during that time because we couldn't depend on when they'd pump water again. Everyone from Guad comes down and from many distant places, all the folks with weekend homes fill their pools, all the ATM's run out of cash (actually nothing unusual there) and WalMart runs out of frozen pizza early. But, there are huge pyramids of booze at WalMart, so if that's your thing, it's your holiday, enjoy.

I didn't think anywhere could be crazier than Lakeside at Easter......until we moved to PV, All the full timers we know are busy laying in everything we really need for those 2 weeks. Stores will run out of everything and traffic will be gridlock. People will be sleeping on the beaches and with no public sanitation....... I especially feel sorry for the OP having to pick up someone at the airport. Kindles and a glass of wine. We don't hear near as many sirens on these holidays as we used to in Ajijic. Still a bad time to be driving.

Easter Sunday this year is April 16. The week before is Semana Santa and the week after is Semana Pascua. Used to be that the week before was the craziest with many more families on the week after but things seem to have gotten more blurried.

And considering the traffic backups these days through town from Villa Nova into the main carretera, then from the lights at WalMart going east past SuperLake... and going west same kinda thing four times a day... and this is now, not a holiday time... watch out.

Archived