Chapala.com Webboard

2 hours ago, Tiny said:

And the subscription is  much, much more legal.  🤣

Where there is a need/want Mexican ingenuity will prevail over a minor legal issue...

On 9/22/2018 at 4:21 PM, Tiny said:

And the subscription is  much, much more legal.  🤣

This is regarding BUZZ TV that has been mentioned several times in this thread. As a not tech guy what is this and what do they provide? How much is the legal subscription and is 3 download adequate? Any user feedback? Gracias

Android TV boxes like Buzz are not sold to be used with "legal subscriptions".

By the way, the lakeside stream that started this thread way back appears to have long gone.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, Joco said:

There isn't a device. There isn't an app. It is pure, 100% internet connection.

Go to the site and check it out.

You sign up, you pay, you get a premium account, you click on what channel you want to watch, you watch that channel. No apps, no devices, nada, nothing.

https://www.streamlive.to/premium

Joco,

Thanks for this link. I don't know if it's going to work (mainly because I'm a technodino), but it sounds exactly what we've been searching for. I'll try it later this weekend and report back. 

• Haha 1

Update:  Holy Cow Patties, it works! For $19.99usd, I now have access to nearly everything we already have and are paying nearly $140/month. This is definitely a no-brainer. I bounced it against our cable channels and found there was just a slight delay, but the quality is amazing and the premium services (HBO, Starz, etc) are there.

It took me a bit to figure out things on my tablet, but it's user friendly in spite of my attempts to make it more complicated than it actually is. I also used it on my laptop, my cell phone (super easy), and am about to try it on the smart tv.

Oh, I should also mention that the online TV guide is pretty similar to your cable guide. You just need to give it a few extra seconds (at times) to load.

Big, big thanks, Joco!

Please let us know if you can get it on your TV. From what I can see, there are only two ways: one, hook up a cable to your TV (not using the Smart TV at all), or two, subscribing to a "cast" service, that "casts" your computer video to your TV. (Eg. https://www.playon.tv/)

This is because there are no distinct "apps" for the service. However, PlayOn "scripts" are discussed on the streamlive.to Website, for Roku and some other devices.

(Note: those who are watching NetFlix US by connecting a cable from their laptop to their TV, can also subscribe to the PlayOn service. But, in both cases, some technical awareness and a willingness to get off the couch are very important.)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Please let us know if you can get it on your TV. From what I can see, there are only two ways: one, hook up a cable to your TV (not using the Smart TV at all), or two, subscribing to a "cast" service, that "casts" your computer video to your TV. (Eg. https://www.playon.tv/)

This is because there are no distinct "apps" for the service. However, PlayOn "scripts" are discussed on the streamlive.to Website, for Roku and some other devices.

(Note: those who are watching NetFlix US by connecting a cable from their laptop to their TV, can also subscribe to the PlayOn service. But, in both cases, some technical awareness and a willingness to get off the couch are very important.)

Please forgive my total and complete ignorance (and that's being kind) when it comes to tech, but I'll do my best to tell you what I've found. With my Android tablet, I downloaded the Rocket Media app and all worked well (the website for streamlive.to tells you what apps is needed and what to do). With the laptop, I had to download Firefox (or you can use Opera). Once that was done, everything came in with no problems, except for A&E. I think that one was a glitch on their end, so I'll try it again today. As for the smart tv, it was a no-go since an app or FF wasn't involved (?). As you said, we can just run a cable from the computer to the TV, so that's not a deal-breaker. If nothing else, it's nice to have options.

I'm totally ignorant about a "cast" service, but will look into that. Thanks!

Update to my last posting:

Through sheer luck, I found the URL that will do the streamlive.to on the smart tv without any cables or casting needed. Once you're online w/the tv, got to http://m.rocketmediaworld.com and it brings you to the site. Type in your info as normal, and you'll be streaming in seconds. Wowser! Of course, this is for the streamlive.to site, but it seems to have almost every station you could possibly want/need.

Yes, (although I am FORBIDDEN, apparently... ) but that is watching a program streaming on the Browser on your SmartTV. I'm referring to the method of streaming from stuff already on your computer to the SmartTV, which lets you browse programs and movies you already have.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Yes, (although I am FORBIDDEN, apparently... ) but that is watching a program streaming on the Browser on your SmartTV. I'm referring to the method of streaming from stuff already on your computer to the SmartTV, which lets you browse programs and movies you already have.

Hokay. I wasn't kidding when I said I was a techdino. On the above, I haven't a clue. Since all I wanted was a way to have the regular television services and not be tied to a cable company, I'm happy. You probably already knew about the available streaming services, but I didn't. I asked a few months ago, but didn't get any answers. Joco's posting got me a site and the rest was just a little lucky tweaking. Hopefully, it'll help someone else like me. As for storage on the computer, I've never had a need, but that's just me.

3 hours ago, Tingting said:

Hokay. I wasn't kidding when I said I was a techdino. On the above, I haven't a clue. Since all I wanted was a way to have the regular television services and not be tied to a cable company, I'm happy. You probably already knew about the available streaming services, but I didn't. I asked a few months ago, but didn't get any answers. Joco's posting got me a site and the rest was just a little lucky tweaking. Hopefully, it'll help someone else like me. As for storage on the computer, I've never had a need, but that's just me.

I think you are doing extremely well. You were able to cut right through my muddy comments. And when it works, it works. I don't usually get involved in these questions, because I cannot responsibly offer a lot of assistance. I get asked by customers all the time, and the answers are just too long and confusing... and the technology concerning Android boxes is just so hopeless at this point. Until there is something on the market that I can tell customers reliably that we can set up, I won't be offering more than just general knowledge.

Your streamlive and rocketmedia, however, would be a good alternative for right now, for people who have a so-called smart tv. (IF they have the download speeds to support them.)

So thank you for your posts on this.

Many moons ago (about 10 to be exact) it was Tingting who posted about Graboid and I took it from there. A technodino he/she is not.

12 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Many moons ago (about 10 to be exact) it was Tingting who posted about Graboid and I took it from there. A technodino he/she is not.

Oh, you're very kind, but I really am clueless at tech. A lot of times, it's just a case of stumbling around, a bit of intuition, and a LOT of free time to fumble and/or hide the evidence. Gotta love being retired!

Ting's a she :)

• Haha 1

I thought you were a she but didn't want to assume anything. And, yes on loving being retired to have time to do this stuff. Can't figure out how I ever had time to work. :)

• Like 1

Tingting hit the nail on the head: this kind of tech requires lots of free time and a desire to learn.

I just wanted to point out that while many others have come and gone, HDTVStreamers is STILL HERE since 2010.We have been providing high end streaming devices that are FULLY UPGRADABLE. Most of the systems we sold in the last several years are still in use today and receive new features with software updates.

Right now we have one (and only one)  "Incredible Egg" system remaining on sale the Lakeside area. This is far better than any Android box. Amazon Firestick, Roku or Raspberry Pi. Why? It is standard x86_64 computer architecture running Linux that is fully upgradable right down to the operating system . It has  a REAL Solid State DIsk, not an SD card. It is not an "Embeded" opertaing system that becomes obsolete a few years later. This is without mentioning that is is several times faster than the other devices mentioned. It also comes with a genuine Microsoft remote control.

Do not be fooled by rebranded Android devices like Amazon Firestick and Roku they are esssentially Android devices. Once the operating system is deemed "obsolete" by software programmers there will be no new apps for them and the old apps will wither away. The proof is out there , this is why you can "sideload" Android apps (apks) on both Roku and Firestick. They ARE Android devices with a modified interface.

The Incredible Egg mentioned will do hundreds of live streaming TV channels as well as TV and movies on demand all WITH NO MONTHLY FEES. Sale price is a ONE TIME fee of $600 USD . This is our lowest price ever on a full featured system. It comes with a 6 month guarantee and what our users often call "the best support anywhere".

Our users most often disconnect from services like Shaw and never go back. Six months of a Shaw subscription is about the same cost as this device. You get many of the same channels that other streaming services charge you for every month! 

Although this post is likely to get this account banned, as they will call it 'commercial' despite it being a direct and relevant reply, and I must post here from time to time to keep you all aware that we are not the fly by night operators. We are HDTVStreamers.com. That is also our web site and has been for many years. 

For users with rental units we have a new solution for live TV only. It does not offer on demand content but is the kind of thing that your first time renter can sit down and select a channel immediately.

Mark de Leon

http://hdtvstreamers.com

322 112 4005 cell

EndlessOne2.jpg

endless-one.png

Endless_Computer_Product_14-web.jpg

xbox360remote.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HDTVStreamers said:

Sale price is a ONE TIME fee of $600 USD .

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/3/2018 at 9:56 AM, Ferret said:

It's the remembering what you've learned that's the hard part. ;)

I remember the $600 deal. I haven't forgotten.

Well I took the advice offered by barcelonaman and have enjoyed free service for majors et al.   I had to look past the snide negative comments by some on this board and used delete frequently 

• Like 1

For those making light of the cost, you can easily spend 2000 pesos for an android box that MIGHT last a year. Ours function year after year. They do not leave you without TV.  You can not buy a Mercedes at the cost of a Volkswagon.

They work with 5+ Meg or better. Most 1080p HD streams these days need a solid 4 Mbps.

Forgot to mention that Google Chrome browser integrated too., MP3 music, on demand, Live Radio from all over the world, and so much more

This makes your Smart TV look like an idi0t Box.

12 minutes ago, HDTVStreamers said:

For those making light of the cost...

For those wishing to scam the ole folks, IPGuys uses the same box I have had for years that cost me about US $70, gets over 500 channels, and subscription is less than US $10 a month.

• The company said its $169 product is designed to be hooked up to a TV screen and can be used anywhere

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/04/tech/mci-endless-computer-desktop-pc-emerging-markets/?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool&iref=obnetwork