Chapala.com Webboard

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Correct, only SKY and Dish Mexico are actually legal for reception by satellite. Fortunately I haven't seen many TV police.

Dish USA sued some re-sellers and pirates here and lost. The judge said Dish allowed its signal in Mexico and if it is picked up, too bad. Dish moved its satellites to make the signal harder to find. Now Dish has moved the satellites back. Dish is looking the other way now when people have Dish USA here and pay Dish in the US. 

That would be a good solution if only Mexico did not make it illegal to broadcast foreign signals into Mexico. Again, I don't know of much litigation to stop it.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:10 AM, John Shrall said:

Has anyone had any experience with this service that purports to provide loads of streaming TV and movies using a Roku box? The Mach TV service seems to originate in Mexico as the menus and a lot of the content are in Spanish. 

At $25/month (less with a long term subscription) and all of the stations available including sports, networks, news and tons of premium movie channels it seems too good to be true which leads me to question the service.

http://lakesidestream.com/

I signed up for Streamlive.to. The first month is $11.95 and $16.95 thereafter. You don't need to hide your IP. It has every available English Channel, every U.S. and many E.U. stations. I haven't had any freezing or lags. All stations are always available. I am dropping Telecable and going with this service.

http://www.streamlive.to/

On 3/28/2017 at 8:34 PM, pappysmarket said:

That would be a good solution if only Mexico did not make it illegal to broadcast foreign signals into Mexico. Again, I don't know of much litigation to stop it.

That was the point of the court decision. Dish's signal entered Mexico so Dish could not sue people for picking up the signal. Dish was at fault. I don't think Mexico will be suing Dish or Direct for their signals entering Mexico.

5 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

It looks like this system does not support Roku - which is unusual.

Are you saying Streamlive doesn't support Roku? Why would it? It is a live-stream direct to your computer or TV without needing anything other device.

14 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

For it to work on android you need to buy an app.

Are you describing Streamlive? I didn't buy an app and was not asked to buy an app. You sign up, chose if you want one month or more, give your card information, in 3 hours or more, click on to your account and you are ready to watch without ads.

There is no app and you are not asked to buy an app.

On 4/2/2017 at 8:54 AM, TelsZ4 said:

I would guess the app is already installed on the device... Along with many others...such as Netflix.

There isn't a device. There isn't an app. It is pure, 100% internet connection.

Go to the site and check it out.

You sign up, you pay, you get a premium account, you click on what channel you want to watch, you watch that channel. No apps, no devices, nada, nothing.

https://www.streamlive.to/premium

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

How do you watch it on your TV?

Yes how do you get it to your TV  if your TV  isn't a smart TV without an interface. ?

When you go to their website there is a link to the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.  It says you must purchase and install the app.

.to is a domain from the Island of Tonga home to another pirate torrent site Isohunt  A coincidence?

23 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

How do you watch it on your TV?

I have a  large computer monitor I watch it on.  If you TV accepts an internet signal I don't know why you couldn't watch it on the TV.

Try these instructions to connect your TV;

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-PC-to-TV

21 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Yes how do you get it to your TV  if your TV  isn't a smart TV without an interface. ?

I watch it on a large computer screen.

18 hours ago, John Shrall said:

.to is a domain from the Island of Tonga home to another pirate torrent site Isohunt  A coincidence?

This is not a torrent site. Do you know what a torrent site is? A torrent site has torrents that allow you to download movies, TV shows, etc. This site broadcast live TV which would be hard to do from Tonga. Some sites have addresses from other countries but that doesn't mean they are located in that county.

I made a suggestion for people who want an inexpensive service to watch TV. They don't need a device. They don't need to hide their IP. It is not a torrent site since it doesn't offer torrents. It might have an offshore address, but who cares. It isn't a P2P. 

The service seems excellent so far. I am happy with it, no freezing, no lag time, just as good as regular TV. I can get all English channels and pay less than I did for Telecable digital.

21 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

When you go to their website there is a link to the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.  It says you must purchase and install the app.

Google Play is for an android device like your phone, not your computer. Apple is also for the Apple phone. Some people want to watch TV on their phones.  I don't see where Google Play or Apple is listed.

1 hour ago, Joco said:

Google Play is for an android device like your phone, not your computer. Apple is also for the Apple phone. Some people want to watch TV on their phones.  I don't see where Google Play or Apple is listed.

Click on the link, streamlive.to/premium when the page opens click on streamlive.to when that page opens right at the top of that page are the words "must download app"  and the link to Apple and Google.

Many smart TV's use use Android apps, Samsung being one of them..

My neighbor signed up for lakeside streaming yesterday and had to purchase a Roku stick.. 

NoVaDamer

"I don't like Kodi because I was told there is case law confirming it is illegal."

Be careful of what you are told. Much legal and other advice is given by those who have not had the requisite training and repeated by those who believe knowledge should not be a prerequisite for 'true-facts.' 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_(software)

It is not KODI that has a problem with being legal. It is many of the add-ons that use the open-source software platform that face that issue.

• Like 3

@NLU, thanks for sharing that. I can see how the 3rd party add-ons are the problem, not Kodi itself. I should not have used the shorthand that "Kodi is illegal" when it is what you do with the 3rd party add-ons that can get you into trouble.  I do think it is instructive that Amazon pulled Kodi from the app store for legal concerns, and XMBC (the developer of Kodi) has complained loudly and longly that the open source apps being advertised and run on its product are infringement of Kodi's and others copyrights.  Unfortunately for this discussion, I think most people who are interested in Kodi lakeside would be very interested in exactly those 3rd party add-ons to watch movies, etc

On 4/4/2017 at 0:38 PM, TelsZ4 said:

Click on the link, streamlive.to/premium when the page opens click on streamlive.to when that page opens right at the top of that page are the words "must download app"  and the link to Apple and Google.

Many smart TV's use use Android apps, Samsung being one of them..

My neighbor signed up for lakeside streaming yesterday and had to purchase a Roku stick.. 

I don't know what you are describing. The apps are for cellphones, not TVs. 

There is no app you must buy to watch TV. Why you insist there is one, I do not know. You buy apps from Google Play or Apple and those app are for phones. Most of the cellphone apps for TV are free.

Apps for a Samsung Smart TV: 

https://www.technobezz.com/topics/threads/top-best-android-apps-for-samsung-smart-tv.1519/

This service is not designed for a Samsung Smart TV and the apps for a Samsung Smart TV are free apps available for most cell phone and computers. 

I have explained it all I can. You sign up. You select one month or more. You pay. You watch TV. You do not need to install any apps or buy anything else. Kodi is available for users but I have never fooled with Kodi. I do not need Kodi to use this service.

It is simple. If you don't want to use it because you want it to be complicated, don't use it. It isn't complicated. There are no necessary apps.

I bought a subscription to Mach in February using my Roku and found it to be consistently problematic. Freezing, dropping of the signal, plus the need to scroll endlessly through many channels without being able to know what you would see next was annoying. They also show only 1.5 hours worth of programming per channel so you can't see what's coming. I was told to change channels and reset my Roku account 3 times and that signaled the end for me. Good luck to you all.

• Like 1