Chapala.com Webboard

Has anyone had any experience with this service that purports to provide loads of streaming TV and movies using a Roku box? The Mach TV service seems to originate in Mexico as the menus and a lot of the content are in Spanish. 

At $25/month (less with a long term subscription) and all of the stations available including sports, networks, news and tons of premium movie channels it seems too good to be true which leads me to question the service.

http://lakesidestream.com/

My goodness they sure do offer a lot of channels and they only require 2 MB internet speed which makes me believe the quality of the TV stream at only 2 MB/sec certainly isn't HD.

Looking at their webpage, it sounds like a fantastic deal. I too would like to know if there are any users out there and what type of service and quality of picture they are receiving. It sounds almost to good to be true.

Since there are no links to "customer satisfaction" or "about us"  or anything like that, I am not willing to be the guineau pig myself.

sounds expensive to me. download kodi and get all channels free, lots of info on youtube.. or for less messing about there are various other paid streamers. i use ultimatemaniarocks.com.lots of american and uk  sports, news, entertainment and documentary channels.

very easy to install using matrix tv app.

i pay about 1 pound per week 1.25 usd.!

can pay in dollars using u.s card .

for hd you need 5/6 minimum download.

sd is fine with 3minimum

Since U.S. Netflix and others have been going to great pains to disable access to their material, how is Livestream able to get around this?  Is this another form of "pirate" tv?

There seem to be many resellers of this Mach TV streaming service on the Internet. Most are even cheaper than Lakeside Stream, all have the same relatively complicated setup to do list and none have any links posted for users to share experiences. Actually the only blog I found when searching reviews asked if this service was the streaming equivalent of thepiratebay. 

It reminds me of days of FTA receivers.

This topic is specifically about Mach TV streaming being offered by Lakeside Stream. I don't want it because something doesn't smell right but some friends asked for input about the service looking for an option to Dish TV US.

NOT. Any service that offers anything like the number of channels that this guy does is pirating something somewhere.

• Like 1

Agreed. The base fee for cable and satellite providers is a whole lot more and don't include any movies. 

The company is putting on demonstrations on Thursday and Friday. It might be interesting if I cared but I'm not that inquisitive. The service may work for a while but ultimately it will fade like Telecable's US network channels.

They are "connected" to illegal streaming servers, and the service is never reliable, same thing with Kodi plug ins , although they promise the service will be stable.

None of the tv services here are "legit".  Shaw is selling it's service as if in Canada and TeleCable was capturing US stations without paying for them.

I am paying $100US/mo for Dish and it includes all the HBO channels and network channels out of NY/NJ. I used CP Electronics.

47 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

None of the tv services here are "legit".  Shaw is selling it's service as if in Canada and TeleCable was capturing US stations without paying for them.

Correct, only SKY and Dish Mexico are actually legal for reception by satellite. Fortunately I haven't seen many TV police.

Thanks for the answers, all.  It didn't pass the "smell" test for me.  BTW, Telecable's english channels disappeared a few days ago.:ph34r:

Gringal you mentioned Telecable which is slowly closing it's analog channels down, you know the channels between 2 and about 95 and replacing them with their digital package like we did in the US and Canada more than 5 years ago. Their digital package consists of about 170 digital video channels and perhaps 60 audio music channels.

There are many English language channels like CNN, and HLN, CNN international, Fox News, BBC,  etc. Also there are many programs like TLC A&E, SlFl. TNT, AMC, HBO Etc. that if you choose your SAP sound settings that the secondary audio is the original language which is English. Some of the channels are in HD

Sadly what the digital package does not include are the four US networks that were just lost on analog.

I have a ROKU stick with MACH app that allows me over 1300 movies in English and every US channel in the states  including every sports channel also for $400 pesos per month courtesy of Juan Rosalas . No charge for the stick , just $400 pesos per month .

I started with USTVNow back in February, and switched to Roku/Lakesidestreaming this month.  The reception is very good, although I have experienced one period of intermittent freezing on some channels.  I have 10Mb download, and the problem that day was NOT my internet, but with the MachTV service. The HD content is excellent. The channel offerings are extensive, especially wrt sports (all major US professional/college sports content channels).  The movies are just ok, and the same goes for complete tv series. You can pay $25 USD a month, or $23 per month for a six month subscription, or $23 per month for a full year.

I dont mind the Spanish language commands; you figure them out fast enough.  I strongly encourage you to go to the Wednesday demo they have in Riberas, and make up your own mind.

As to legality, yes and no.  I dont like Kodi because I was told there is case law confirming it is illegal, and I know the system is vulnerable to being hacked (not that most people care if someone knows what they're watching on tv). Streaming services are different because there is no permanent content (that is, no DVR or way to record content).  This is one thing you wont like about it, however, it is a feature, not a bug: major media and content companies have NOT gone after streaming services, so they are still a "gray area." Here is a good link to an article about the legality of streaming services:

https://mic.com/articles/121179/ccloud-tv-pirated-network-with-500-channels-just-declared-war-on-cable#.yMV3Y0jHm

and an el universal article about roku in Mexico (use Google translate)

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/articulo/cartera/negocios/2015/08/18/piratean-en-mexico-servicio-de-television-de-paga-internet

3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Shaw does not sell its services here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John Shrall said:

There seem to be many resellers of this Mach TV streaming service on the Internet. Most are even cheaper than Lakeside Stream, all have the same relatively complicated setup to do list and none have any links posted for users to share experiences. Actually the only blog I found when searching reviews asked if this service was the streaming equivalent of thepiratebay. 

It reminds me of days of FTA receivers.

Mymachtv will give you a 24 hour trial period for IPTV without a Roku. I tried it and the picture was clear with no freezing. It does offer a lot of European and sports channels of which I am not interested but they claim there are several hundred channels and the price is less than Telecable so it can't be too bad a deal.  https://www.mymachtv.tv/about

I am going to try a service that has only USA stations and I'll let people know how it works out.