Chapala.com Webboard

Emergency Candles

r2d2, that wasn't the question... I know how to shop.

Sparks, Yes, I have a bunch, thanks, mostly with pics of the virgin on the glass. And they are okay in a pinch, but are not very bright and burn low in the glass, and don't really last long. Emergency candles have a higher concentration of stearic acid, and so burn much longer than the average candle.

ComputerGuy, my apologies I didn´t mean to be rude. I know you know how to shop, but that type of product can only be bought in a military surplus store or  an outdoor store, probably in Guadalajara . My best bet would be amazon or mercadolibre, because it is a very rare product for use in these locations , most we can get are parafin candles and candles in a glass which may explode and neither of them lasts a night or is bright enough.

I found these: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-440096607-coghlans-36-horas-supervivencia-vela-de-6-oz-_JM#redirectedFromParent

Regards

2 hours ago, R2D2 said:

ComputerGuy, my apologies I didn´t mean to be rude. I know you know how to shop, but that type of product can only be bought in a military surplus store or  an outdoor store, probably in Guadalajara . My best bet would be amazon or mercadolibre, because it is a very rare product for use in these locations , most we can get are parafin candles and candles in a glass which may explode and neither of them lasts a night or is bright enough.

I found these: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-440096607-coghlans-36-horas-supervivencia-vela-de-6-oz-_JM#redirectedFromParent

Regards

We cool.

12 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

r2d2, that wasn't the question... I know how to shop.

Sparks, Yes, I have a bunch, thanks, mostly with pics of the virgin on the glass. And they are okay in a pinch, but are not very bright and burn low in the glass, and don't really last long. Emergency candles have a higher concentration of stearic acid, and so burn much longer than the average candle.

Look on the bright side of those religious candles.  While you are hoping and praying the electricity comes back on soon, the Virgin is right there personally hearing your prayers.  Can't hurt. ?

Funny! Me, I like lanterns, most of which I think I got at WalMart in the hdwe. section. No worries about fire, but on the other hand, ya gotta check the batteries.

Archived