Chapala.com Webboard

update on best VPN options?

Kevin K

I know there's been much discussion of this topic over the years but wanted to get an update as it seems like things are always in flux, with U.S.-based streaming services and others trying to prevent access while the VPN folks play the other side of the cat-and-mouse game. We'll subscribe to Mexican Netflix once we get a Mexican credit card but until then would like some access to Amazon Prime and other U.S. streaming services as well as showing a U.S. web address when doing finance stuff. 

Which service or services seem to be doing the best job at this point? Have used Strong VPN with some success in the past. Thanks!

NORD VPN is an editor's choice this month on PCMag.com.

72% off for 2 year plan.

https://nordvpn.com/special/holiday-deal/?utm_source=aff614&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term&utm_content&utm_campaign=off24

They also have reviewed 10 VPN choices.

I hope you find one that works for you and is cost effective.

Frank

7 hours ago, Kevin K said:

I know there's been much discussion of this topic over the years but wanted to get an update as it seems like things are always in flux, with U.S.-based streaming services and others trying to prevent access while the VPN folks play the other side of the cat-and-mouse game. We'll subscribe to Mexican Netflix once we get a Mexican credit card but until then would like some access to Amazon Prime and other U.S. streaming services as well as showing a U.S. web address when doing finance stuff. 

Which service or services seem to be doing the best job at this point? Have used Strong VPN with some success in the past. Thanks!

We have Mexican Netflix using a US credit card

I subscribe to Netflix with a Canadian credit card.  Using a Roku stick, I get the Canadian lineup when I plug into a network in Canada and the Mexican lineup when I plug into a network here in Mexico.  The Mexican lineup is a bit more limited but still plenty of English content.

We kept having troubles with VPN services either bottlenecking our speed or being blocked by US providers (e.g. Netflix). Now we use SmartDNS. Includes a VPN, in case you want encryption, but for simply accessing sites like Netflix etc. without revealing your location, it's an easier solution.

http://smartdnsproxy.com/

Archived