Chapala.com Webboard

DISH TV through Telmex

klm

I realize that Dish does not offer the US networks but how many of their channels are in English and which ones will allow the use of SAP when American shows are dubbed in Spanish?  Is it worth switching from Telecable to Telmex or is Shaw the only decent option?

I have the list, but can't tell if any are in English or have subtitles. Look up USTVNow. It's good and works here with a little set up work.

Should you want DISH USA, many of its channels are available here in Mexico. The trouble is, depending on how many of the channels available you want to receive. you may need several satellite dishes. I needed three satellite dishes, a 4 and a 6 footer and a 2.4 meter dish each pointed at a different satellite each picking up some of the programming available on DISH.

It has been about 8 years since I stopped using DISH and I understand that there is an additional satellite to the East you can point at for more programming.

I think DISH USA moved its satellites so it only takes a small dish to get a signal. Dish Mexico is not eh same as Dish USA and it has very few English channels. Sky has more English.

Dealers who can set you up with Dish:

http://www.cp-electronics.com/eng/

There is Mike in Ajijic. I'm sure someone else has his contact info. 

Archived