Chapala.com Webboard

SUP on Lake Chapala

beth

I have just spent 3 months in Ajijic and have seen the occasional SUP boarder on the lake.

I have not managed to track down anyone who is interested in paddle boarding, or who knows of a convenient place to store or launch a board here, let alone rent boards.  If there is anyone who is either already SUP -ing or is interested in SUP -ing please reply to this post.

If there is any interest I would bring my board with me next year.

Beth,

The lake is fantastic to paddle board on, and we do it a lot. We bought  paddle boards 2 years ago  in Guad and keep them outside when we are in residence and store them in the house when away, The place we put in is at the end of Revolucion, since we live in Lower la Floresta. It is easy to park and walk to the shore and we have discovered that the mornings are the best time because the wind tends to pick up in the evening.

Steve

• 1 year later...

I do  host Stand up Paddle guided tours in Chapala or some other lakes near Guadalajara,   Guided tour includes  board, leash,  paddle,  optional transportation,  you cand find on airbnb experiences or find more information on  www.yegopro.mx  or write    diego@yegopro.com

My take is that there is lack of interest for this activity for the same reason there is lack of interest by extranjeros for swimming in the lake.

19 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Get IN that water? Be sure to get a typhoid vaccination first. 

Well with the inception of the kayak club some six or seven years ago we haven't lost anyone yet. We regularly have safety classes in which it is required that you fall out of your kayak and either get back in by yourself or with the help of others.

46 minutes ago, dcstroker said:

Well with the inception of the kayak club some six or seven years ago we haven't lost anyone yet. We regularly have safety classes in which it is required that you fall out of your kayak and either get back in by yourself or with the help of others.

Do you practice not getting water in your nose, eyes, or mouth? Many people get typhoid or hepatitis A with no ill effects. Others skydive and always safely land. I'll pass on letting the lake water enter my orifices.

Archived