Chapala.com Webboard

bus to upper ajijic

Hoolia

I don't know if you have already visited this area yet or not, but check it out real well google Earth and street views.  Look for the carretera the main road that connects all the towns.  That is the road that the buses  mainly travel on.  Some go down past and around the plaza in San Antonio Tlayacapan, and some go a little bit into Ajijic, but they mainly stay on the carretera and Avenida Madero in Chapala.

Large busses stay on the carretera and go to Guad. Smaller busses (local) go through villages on a fixed route. That is east west, nothing goes north south. Except to guad

Take a taxi. A taxi from the Ajijic plaza to about any place in Ajijic is usually 50 pesos during the daylight hours. After sundown the price goes up five pesos.  Most of the taxi drivers go home around 9 p.m. But there are guys that you can call that we'll pick you up at about any hour you want.  Ask the taxi drivers to recommend someone who works nights if that's what you need.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, zextek said:

Take a taxi. A taxi from the Ajijic plaza to about any place in Ajijic is usually 50 pesos during the daylight hours. After sundown the price goes up five pesos.  Most of the taxi drivers go home around 9 p.m. But there are guys that you can call that we'll pick you up at about any hour you want.  Ask the taxi drivers to recommend someone who works nights if that's what you need.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been here for almost three years, and I've never found a taxi that cheap anywhere in Ajijic!  The lowest price I ever got was 60 pesos.  From Walmart to West Ajijic now with the gas increase, it costs me 100 pesos!

Archived