Chapala.com Webboard

IZZI the company owns Telecable

rjc

I just returned from Telecable. The nice girls said that the owner Izzi has canceled the New Yory Channels.

Earlier they canceled CNN. I have prepaid for several months. They stated to bring in a letter of cancellation and a demand for my prepaid subscription. We need to do this as I think we are a big portion of there subscribers are english speaking. I want to cancel and receive my prepaid subscription back. The girls will submit the letters. Who Knows they bootlegged Dish? No More New York Channels!!!

I wondered how long that would last. Quite a long time. US TV Now and a Roku will get quite a few channels for $30US and a DVR for $10 more. Works well with 10 mb Telmex.

Both replies to my query "greek" to me..... techno-dinosaur that I am. SO..... for those who want the Mx channels (like me) for news, etc., but who really want those three Dish channels back, anyone ready to take on Telecable (Izzi) over this?

I remember US channels disappearing once before (years ago) and a few good men fought the good fight and eventually won them back. This was, of course, before the scroogey izzi team. Suppose it can happen again?

2 hours ago, rjc said:

I just returned from Telecable. The nice girls said that the owner Izzi has canceled the New Yory Channels.

Earlier they canceled CNN. I have prepaid for several months. They stated to bring in a letter of cancellation and a demand for my prepaid subscription. We need to do this as I think we are a big portion of there subscribers are english speaking. I want to cancel and receive my prepaid subscription back. The girls will submit the letters. Who Knows they bootlegged Dish? No More New York Channels!!!

I think that the expats at Lakeside are just a drop in the bucket in terms of subscribers.   Telecable probably doesn't give a damn about the English speaking customers.

As you know first the US and then Canada converted to digital programming some 6-7 years ago. They have here too. However apparently Telecable (IZZI) is still providing some of you with old fashioned analog TV with channels going from I or 2 guess t to about 90

Well they also upgraded to digital here in Mexico several years ago and Starting at 102 or so the digital channels go up to the 900s. No each number is not assigned a channel, but I am watching CNN in HD on channel 816, It used to be on cannel 865 or so but the channel #s just changed.

I have no idea what channels are left in digital as they appear to have decreased in quantity. The HD  NFL channel is still there. in Standard digital programming I can get Fox NEWS on Channel 180. BBC is also on Oh so is CNN, CNNI, HLN. (DW in German or Spanish and another news channel in French

There seem to be many fewer channels than before.  Oh well, I do not use Telecable a my primary provider

Izzi in Zapopan did it and was available after for another 50 pesos on an upgraded pack

Archived