Chapala.com Webboard

Peppermint Foot Cream

CHILLIN

The poster on this board makes some remarkable artesanal, natural soaps, creams and body butters. This is a hobby for her, and she likes people to use her recipes to feel better. Anyways, she made up some Peppermint Foot Cream for me and everybody is amazed how it cools and soothes sore feet, as well as moisturizing cracked skin, etc. I am waiting to give a sample to our Doctor/Podiatrist and my haircutter, who has bad feet from so many years standing all day. Her name is Melanie, and she has posted her number on this board on another post. She is Jabonera on this board if you want to email her, or 376-765-3981. I don't know what she charges for it, but out of interest, Peppermint Foot Cream is the number 1 seller in the Body Shop chain, and they charge $19 U.S. for a small 100 ml. pot.

• 3 weeks later...

Came across your post today, Gary!  Thanks for the plug!

$19USD for 100ml???  Robbery!  OMG!

If I had charged you for the foot cream, it would have been about $200mx, tops!  :lol:

Really happy to hear you're getting some relief!  Sore, aching feet can really affect your attitude toward life!

BTW - can also be used like Vicks Vaporub if you're congested, or a pain-relieving muscle rub if you've done a bit too much yard work...  ;)

Some of my clients think my products work better than Body Shop...  but it's just knowing the right combinations of essential oils, and how to make a good basic cream for the carrier.

I'm guessing now I'd best get cracking & make up a few more pounds of this stuff...  ROTFLMAO!

Sure, RickS...  No dramas.

I make everything in small batches of a kilo or so...  I prefer to make it up fresh, so it's fresher when the clients get it... 

Methinx me better order more peppermint essential oil, eh?  B)

OK, I know I always pipe in with Jabonera's postings, but she really is amazing. I've bought a lot of her soaps and body creams and she recently made up an all-natural mix for a skin problem for hubby - with excellent results. If you enjoy using all-natural, quality products, please check her out.

22 hours ago, Jabonera said:

Sure, RickS...  No dramas.

I make everything in small batches of a kilo or so...  I prefer to make it up fresh, so it's fresher when the clients get it... 

Methinx me better order more peppermint essential oil, eh?  B)

Sent you a p.m. on this board.

• 3 weeks later...

My internet has been down & I have moved to a new house in Las Redes near Farmacia Guadalajara, still unpacking.  Please excuse for not popping in here.

A fresh batch of peppermint foot cream is on the schedule for today (as I assume Gary is nearing the end of his jar, being as he's given out so many samples)...  ;)

I should put him in charge of the beauty creams as well, eh? 

I finally broke down & bought a cell phone.  <_<  331 756 1545

Consultations are available for your skin issues, if you desire a more natural approach without steroids or creams full of chemicals, petroleum products & alcohols.  Most everything you really need is already in your kitchen. 

Workshops on care & feeding of your skin for health & beauty will be offered this winter...

For those interested, a fresh kilo of peppermint foot cream has been prepared.  It is a slightly different version than Chillin's Original.

Ingredients are:  hand-rendered beef tallow (there really is NO substitute to get the same results), coconut oil, extra-virgin olive oil in 3 infusions (arnica, calendula & rose - for their healing qualities), avocado oil & honey.  Essential oil of Peppermint & a touch of Litsea Cubeba (May Chang, a Chinese mandarin) for it's great quality of healing cracked heels & dry skin.  So, the scent is, of course, minty - with a dash of citrus.

Atm, I am container-challenged, as I prefer glass (coming soon).  However, if you have your own glass container (or don't mind plastic) I will put it in polypropilene food-quality containers.

100 grams - $200mx

200 grams - $350mx

2 hours ago, Jabonera said:

For those interested, a fresh kilo of peppermint foot cream has been prepared.  It is a slightly different version than Chillin's Original.

Ingredients are:  hand-rendered beef tallow (there really is NO substitute to get the same results), coconut oil, extra-virgin olive oil in 3 infusions (arnica, calendula & rose - for their healing qualities), avocado oil & honey.  Essential oil of Peppermint & a touch of Litsea Cubeba (May Chang, a Chinese mandarin) for it's great quality of healing cracked heels & dry skin.  So, the scent is, of course, minty - with a dash of citrus.

Atm, I am container-challenged, as I prefer glass (coming soon).  However, if you have your own glass container (or don't mind plastic) I will put it in polypropilene food-quality containers.

100 grams - $200mx

200 grams - $350mx

What size jar would be needed for 100 grams?

Yesterday, I asked the Doctor/Podiatrist if he had tried the cream and he simply said "Yes I did - and it works!". I was trying to talk him into selling some, but I think he was reminded of the Dr. George Podiatrist franchise, which has ridiculously high markups for his Dr. George branded creams and remedies. Maybe he likes to keep things simple.

I'll work on him some more - maybe not when he is jabbing sharp metal objects into my toes.

4 hours ago, nothernewbie said:

What size jar would be needed for 100 grams?

A 4oz glass jar would work - perhaps for baby food?  At the perfumeria on the plaza in Chapala, they sell beautiful glass jars with plastic tops for 15 pesos each...  I'm going to order from her just so I don't have to deal with Guadalajara...  ;)

Chillin' - Chill out, dude...  In no way to I want to be slave to another business - EVER!!!  :lol:

But if I can recoup a bit on what I make for myself (because I just cannot seem to work with tiny quantities - it doesn't come out the same)... and if I can help other people out (maybe those with skin allergies, eczema, etc.)...  It's a win-win, then, and helps me afford my hobby. 

My smallest batch of soap is 15 bars.  They last a long time, and I'm only one person, so...  Even I like to change fragrances now & then or try a new formula. 

Jistme, PM sent your way.

Archived